Want to keep the mess off the countertop?
Looking for a way to transform your kitchen sink into a full-service prep station?
Then, the smart choice is ledge workstation.
This product will turn your boring traditional sink into a high-performance work area to make your life easier and, of course, cleaner!
Ledge workstation comes with several built-in accessories that slide on integrated ledges built into the sink. It adds valuable counter space by allowing you to work right over the basin.
In summary, the best workstation kitchen sink is the unsung workhorse in a home. It makes kitchen use way easier and improves the overall functionality of your kitchen sink.
In our research, we have five recommendations to consider. In addition, at the end of this guide, you’ll find a quick primer on what to consider when shopping for this prep station.
Let’s go through.
What's in this Guide?
- Top Picks
- Best Workstation Kitchen Sinks – Our Top 5 Picks & Review in 2021
- 1. Kraus KWU112-33 KORE – Best Single Bowl Workstation Kitchen Sink
- 2. KOHLER Prolific K-23651-NA – Best Undermount Workstation Kitchen Sink
- 3. Ruvati RVH8003 Siena series- Best Drop-in Workstation Kitchen Sink
- 4. Lordear 33 Inch Apron Front Kitchen Sink Workstation
- 5. Sarlai 32 Kitchen Sink Undermount Ledge Workstation Sink – Best-Budget Pick
- Things to Look for Before Buying the Best Workstation Ledge Kitchen Sink
The following quick overview of our reviewed five models will be helpful to compare them easily.
- Best Single Bowl: Kraus KWU112-33 KORE: This sink boasts a TRU16-gauge stainless steel construction, measures 31” x 16”, can accommodate large pots and pans, comes with 8 premium accessories, features a commercial grade finish, sound barrier technology, and is designed for easy draining.
- Best Undermount: KOHLER Prolific K-23651-NA: A high-end sink made from 18-gauge stainless steel, has a 10” deep bowl, 3 level rims that make it functional, comes with 5 accessories, features the SilentShield technology, unique beveled cone-shape basin for easy draining, and handy adjustable levels.
- Best Drop-in: Ruvati RVH8003 Siena Series: This sink is made from 16-gauge stainless steel, boasts a commercial grade finish, 10-inch large deep bowl, 4 drain grooves, and a sloped bottom for easy drainage, comes with 5 accessories and a limited lifetime warranty.
- Best Build Quality: Lordear 33 Inch Apron Front Kitchen Sink: This model features T304 stainless steel construction, 33” length,22” width, and 10” depth, NoiseDefend technology, comes with excellent additional accessories, is corrosion and rust-resistant, and prevents scratches.
- Best Budget: Sarlai Kitchen Sink Undermount Ledge: This sink boasts T304 16-gauge stainless steel construction, NoiseDefend technology, heavy-duty paint that prevents condensation, R10 corners that make cleaning easy, features a 5-degree sloped bottom, and a standard 3.5 inches drain hole.
Best Workstation Kitchen Sinks – Our Top 5 Picks & Review in 2021
There are many brands and choices available in the market nowadays. So, it can be quite challenging to find the best workstation sinks for the kitchen. Even there are many reviews that might confuse you.
Fear not, our team of kitchen appliance experts and interior designer has compiled a list of 5 top-options that are worth looking at.
They are as follows.
1. Kraus KWU112-33 KORE – Best Single Bowl Workstation Kitchen Sink
Kraus is a well-known brand in the kitchen sink industry, and the KWU112-33 KORE workstation upholds its reputation.
KWU112-33 KORE is a favorite choice of modern home chefs. This model’s culinary-inspired design will take the functionality of your kitchen sink to a whole new level.
Packed with premium accessories, it’ll instantly transform your old sink into a full-service prep station. It offers ultimate convenience and entertainment in style.
You’ll love the roominess and depth of this single bowl model. With 31 its inches length and 16 inches width, it accommodates large pots and pans as well as piles of dishes. Thanks to its ample internal dimensions and depth that make doing dishes and working over the sink more convenient.
KWU112-33 comes with an 8-piece chef’s kit. These are:
- Roll up dish drying rack (1 pc)
- Bamboo cutting board (1 pc)
- Stainless steel dish grid (2 pcs)
- Stainless steel strainer (2 pcs)
- Drain Cover (2 pcs)
Conveniently, the integrated wide ledge supports these accessories to slide across the bowl for easy operation and clean up. Of course, the undermount installation creates a contemporary look and easy to clean surface.
Notably, the gently sloped bottom, off-set drain, and channel grooves prevent water from pooling in the bowl. Moreover, the rounded basin corners prevent build-up to ensure hygiene.
Kraus KORE offers you a long-lasting and practical experience without having to complain about anything even after a decade of use.
The TRU16-gauge stainless steel construction makes it highly resistant to dents, rust, and corrosion. Additionally, the commercial-grade finish won’t dull from daily use.
No worry, this best stainless steel sink won’t bother you by dishwashing noise. In fact, it is one of the quietest options available. To make the bowl soundproof, it comes equipped with several features. Firstly, the extra-thick rubber pads cover all sides of the bowl that absorbs the vibration and noise of dishwashing.
The sound-barrier technology not only enhances sound-deadening but also insulation. The protective undercoating creates a moisture barrier. Thus it protects the sink and base cabinet from damage.
Kraus workstation sink is built to last. The manufacturer covers this model with a lifetime limited warranty. Plus, the top-rated customer service professionals are ready to help you information to tackle any issues you may encounter.
- Spacious, single bowl design
- Heavy-duty and durable
- Rust-, corrosion, and dent resistant
- Dull-proof finish, easy to clean
- Designed for easy draining
- Sound-absorbing and moisture-proof
- Easy to scratch the bottom, so make sure to use the dish grid always.
- The satin finish tends to show water spots. It is especially an issue for users living in hard water areas.
2. KOHLER Prolific K-23651-NA – Best Undermount Workstation Kitchen Sink
Kohler workstation sinks are a popular choice among most homeowners today. This classic product is not only versatile but also extremely practical.
KOHLER Prolific K-23651-NA is one of the highest ends workstation available. Its revolutionary design will impress you.
The design is extremely flexible to any work situation, from streamline meal prep to messiest cleanup. The basin is wide enough to provide a generous workspace. The 10″ (254 mm) deep bowl accommodates large pots and pans.
The beauty of this model is its multi-level rack system. The innovative design of this model allows you to create your desired prep space.
The three-level of rims in the bowl makes it most functional. You can place the included accessories at three multiple levels, exactly where you need. This way, it enhances the efficiency of your work.
Notably, the accessories include two grated racks, a bamboo cutting board, a wash bin, and a colander. The cutting board fits on the sink levels to provide an easy-to-clean work surface. The grated racks are convenient to use as a shelf for rinsing, drying, or defrosting. They are also dishwasher safe.
Prolific K-23651-NA is tough and ready to withstand your everyday heavy-duty use. Thanks to its premium 18-gauge stainless steel construction.
Another asset of this model is the SilentShield technology. This stainless steel bowl is buffered by soundproofing padding. So, it absorbs dishwashing noise to ensure a quieter performance.
Speaking of the draining, it features a unique beveled cone-shape basin slope into the drain for easy flow of water and disposing of debris.
Its under-the-counter installation requires a 33-inch-minimum cabinet. Conveniently, this installation lets you easily sweep water and crumbs straight from the countertop into the basin.
- Ultra-functional design
- Excellent functionality
- Versatile and handy adjustable levels
- Well-made sink and accessories
- Deep and spacious
- Excellent drainage system
- Sound-proof and silent
- Several users have complained that the cutting board doesn’t sit flush with the countertop as it is an under-counter installation.
3. Ruvati RVH8003 Siena series- Best Drop-in Workstation Kitchen Sink
Ruvati is one of the premium brands in the kitchen sink industry. Their products are popular for exceptional high quality and sensible creative design. The Ruvati RVH8003 is no different.
RVH8003 is well-made and one of the most convenient sinks you’ll find on the market. It has several useful features that add value and excellent functionality to its design.
Ruvati Siena offers exceptional performance and functionality with its built-in ledges and included accessories. All the accessories are thoughtfully designed to let you create your perfect workspace.
Included accessories are:
- Solid African Mahogany hardwood cutting board (1 pc)
- Bottom rinse grid
- Roll-up dish drying rack.
- Stainless steel Colander (1 pc)
- Deep basket strainer drain assembly
16 GAUGE stainless steel construction with brushed finish makes the product long-lasting. Its commercial-grade finish hides scratches and makes it easy to clean.
Notably, this premium T-304 stainless steel features an 18/10 Chromium/ Nickel composition and 37% thicker than most standard kitchen sinks.
Apart from its fantastic construction, this model comes with a design that makes overall use, clean, and maintenance pretty straightforward.
Firstly, the thick rubber padding and heavy-duty sound guard undercoating reduce dishwashing noise. It also prevents condensation under the bowl exterior to keep your cabinet in good condition.
The design also features four-drain grooves and a sloped bottom that channel water towards the drain. Additionally, the rear center set drain ensures excellent drainage from all sides of the sink. Thus, it helps to keep your sink clean and dry. The rounded tight radius also makes the bowl easy to clean.
The 10-inch large deep bowl and rectangular shape provide you ample space for stacking dishes and cleaning large pots and pans.
The drop-in or top-mount installation makes this model a great choice for kitchens with laminate or butcher block countertops. Cutout template, mounting clips, and installation guide comes included for easy installation.
- Very well-made
- Heavy-duty construction
- Elegant design accessories
- NoiseDefend technology
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Affordable price
- Several users said that it is not as rust-proof as expected.
4. Lordear 33 Inch Apron Front Kitchen Sink Workstation
Next, we have this apron front workstation from Lordear, a luxury brand in the kitchen sink industry. Their sinks deliver top-notch quality, durability, and resilience with exceptional construction. This 33-inch workstation farmhouse sink is not an exception.
Lordear Apron Front 33-inch is one of the most practical and simplest options in the market. The built-quality and overall design will impress you, but it won’t cost a fortune. Its apron front design is ideal for making your kitchen look fantastic.
This model comes with excellent additional accessories to make your kitchen use way easier. It includes a roll-up rack, a Sapele Mahogony cutting board, and a colander.
The workstation ledges allow you to slide these accessories across the bowl for a functional surface to save more space on your countertop. It also comes with bottom rinse grids and basket strainer drain.
At an affordable price, you’ll get a pretty strong sink with an attractive finish. The T304 stainless steel construction makes it tough to withstand hard impacts without problems.
This prep station is resistant to bending, corrosion, and rust. It will last a lifetime without showing any drawback. The superb NANO brushed finish prevents stains. And what is even more important, at 1000-degree high temperature, it won’t get fade.
The X-shaped diversion along the sloped bottom prevents water from getting stagnant in the bowl. Of course, it is optimized to prevent glasses from falling inside.
Another practical aspect is its NoiseDefend feature. The heavy-duty sound guard pads add a vibration-absorbing capacity to reduce dishwashing noise. What’s more, the protective undercoating prevents condensation.
With 33-inch length, 22-inch width, and 10-inch depth, it is large and roomy enough for handling large dishes. Moreover, the R10 round corner enhances basin capacity and makes it easy to clean.
- Superb stainless steel construction
- Sturdy and durable
- Hugely functional design
- Less noise when using
- Highly resistant to dent and scratch
- Corrosion and rust-resistant
- Reliable to prevent scratches
- The bottom is a little hard to clean.
5. Sarlai 32 Kitchen Sink Undermount Ledge Workstation Sink – Best-Budget Pick
Sarlai is a well-known brand for manufacturing the most unique, elegant, fashionable, and high-quality bath and kitchen products.
Sarlai 32 is more than a sink. This ledge workstation provides plenty of space for all the ingredients you’re going to prepare for your meals. It comes with several features that add excellent functionality to its design without leaving looks behind.
It includes a practical set of accessories for more usability in the kitchen. Single tier ledge design lets to slide the accessories across the sink. The accessories are:
- Redwood cutting board to help you prepare pasta or salad
- Colander for washing fruits and vegetables
- Roll-up rack for drying cups and dishes
- Drain strainer assembly
- Stainless Steel Grate for protecting the sink from scratches
The fantastic T304 real 16-gauge stainless steel construction will make sure you get a product that lasts for years. It is not only dent resistant but also resistant to stain and rust.
The NoiseDefend technology boasts its performance too. Its additional 3mm thick pads cover the sink base and around. Thus it absorbs dishwashing vibration and sound to ensure a serene kitchen environment.
Moreover, heavy-duty paint undercoating prevents condensation from damaging your cabinets. Additionally, the R10 tight radius corners make cleaning pretty easy. It also adds a considerable touch of elegance to the design.
This model also features a 5-degree sloped bottom and four X-guide lines to make garbage and water flow into the drain immediately. Conveniently, its rear-center drain hole provides more space under for stock.
The bowl is 32-inch in length and 19-inch in width, plus a depth of 10 inches. This will help to handle any large size dishes, pans, or pots easily.
Installation of this Undermount sink is pretty effortless, especially with the standard 3.5-inches drain hole that fits almost any drain tubes or garbage disposal set.
- Reliable & long-lasting
- Superior strength and durability
- Exquisite yet practical design
- Simple appearance with useful accessories
- Rust and stain resistance
- Convenient to use
- Sound-and condensation proof
- Excellent drainage; easy to clean
- Affordable price
- Average quality accessories
Things to Look for Before Buying the Best Workstation Ledge Kitchen Sink
Regardless of our top-list and reviews, you might still be confused about picking the right one to meet your needs. Right?
Fret not; we’ll address this below.
In this buying guide, we’ll talk about several factors that you need to consider while finding the best workstation sink for the money.
First and foremost, this is what you should consider.
Ledge workstations are typically made of 16 to 20-gauge stainless steel. But they’re also constructed with various materials, including fireclay, quartz or granite composite, etc.
Each material has its functions and benefits.
The durability of this product depends immensely on the materials used to make it. It also affects weight, among other things.
You should buy a model that can stand up to daily use and will last a long time.
Ledge prepstations are available in different configurations and sizes. A small model can fit in a bar, while the longest ones can accommodate a lot for a busy and large family.
The most important thing is your cabinet size. Remember that your cabinet should be a little bigger (typically 3-inch larger than the sink length) than the sink itself to accommodate it. If you plan to install your sink to your existing cabinet, you may need custom arrangements.
Some models only have one bowl, while others have two. Double bowl workstation offers you more versatility.
Double bowl configuration may be equally divided or unequally divided.
However, which is perfect- it depends on personal choice and needs.
Cutting board, colander, dish drying rack, basket strainer, and dish grids are common accessories of workstation sink.
However, some manufacturers offer more that you can purchase separately
to add more useful purposes to the sink.
- Additional wood platform
- Stainless steel prep bowls
- Additional drying racks
- Knife block, etc.
This type of sink offers a wide variety of mounting options to suit your design needs for your kitchen.
Undermount installation- It is most common with quartz, solid surface, marble, granite, or other stone countertops. This allows the sink to be mounted under the countertop. It makes the countertop surface easy to clean.
Drop-In / top mount installation – For this type of installation, you have to cut a hole in the countertop to set the sink. The sink lip around the top supports the weight. This installation is convenient for the kitchen with laminate countertops.
Dual Mount installation: Some models offer dual mount options to install it under-mount or a top-mount.
Apron Front Installation: This mounting option allows the sink to sit over the front of the cabinet. Some models offer apron front installation. This setup acts as a way to protect the front of your cabinetry.
This impacts the installation of the sink and the overall look of it in the kitchen.
This type of sink’s price depends on various parameters like material, accessories, size, and other stuffs. So, first consider your need and preference. Then, go for a model that best meets your kitchen needs and budget.
If you’re looking for a very practical option, there is probably not a better choice than these five above-reviewed best workstation kitchen sinks.
From design to additional accessories, you won’t find anything about these five choices that disappoint.
They stand out from their competitors and still don’t break your wallet.
So, pick the right one that best meets your needs. Hopefully, with it being in the kitchen will be an enjoyable experience for you.
Thanks for reading!