Investing in the best reverse osmosis system gives you a chance to enjoy clean, pure and healthy water at all times. These systems are put in place to purify and cleanse water.
An RO system reduces harmful contaminants in the water. It’s the best water filtration system for you if using well water as it reduces arsenic.
High levels of arsenic and other harmful substances put you at risk of many health complications in the future. Some of the risks include lung cancer, skin cancer and throat cancer.
With an RO system, you’ll always be at ease knowing that your family has a constant supply of clean and safe water.
So, how do you find the best RO system for well water when there’s plenty of them in the market today? Don’t worry; in this post, we’ve reviewed the top 5 RO systems for you. Here, you’ll also learn what to consider before paying for the unit.
What's in this Guide?
- A Quick Comparison of our Favorites
- Best Reverse Osmosis System for Well Water in 2021
- Things to Consider Before Getting an RO System for Well Water
A Quick Comparison of our Favorites
- Best RO system for Small Families: APEC ROES-50 Reverse Osmosis System: A 5-stage RO filtration system that removes 99% water contaminants, produces 50 gallons per day, has a 100% lead-free designer faucet, is easy to install, leak-free and backed by a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- Best Under Sink RO system: Home Master TMFAC-ERP Under Sink RO System: The unit filters water in 4 stages, removes 99% contaminants, has a remineralization filter, comes with a built-in permeate pump, boasts a fast flow rate, is NSF certified, easy to install and backed by a 5 years limited manufacturer warranty.
- Best Tankless RO System: iSpring R0500: The model features a 3 in 1 composite filter, carbon block filter and advanced RO membrane, removes 99% of over 1,000 contaminants, features a fast flow rate of 0.4 GPM, has a drain ratio of 2:1, saves water by 400% and is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
- Best Space-Saving RO System: iSpring RCC7AK-UV: A 7-stage RO system that removes 99% water contaminants and 98% lead, produces 75 gallons per day, has a drain ratio of 3:1, comes with a 4-gallon storage water tank, features a European designed brushed nickel faucet and is easy to install.
- Best Value: Express Water ROALKUV10M: An 11-stage RO system that removes 99% contaminants, produces 100 gallons per day, has a water flow rate of 0.8 GPM, comes with double-sealed filters, has a leak detector and is easy to install.
Best Reverse Osmosis System for Well Water in 2021
1. APEC ROES-50 Reverse Osmosis System
APEC is America’s No.1 rated water filter brand with over 20 years of guaranteeing noise-free, trouble-free systems. Their products are engineered, designed and assembled in the USA to guarantee long-lasting, dependable and pure drinking water.
The APEC ROES-50 is an under sink 5-stage filtration system that boasts super-efficient APEC Blocks (long-lasting filters) that remove up to 99% such as VOCs, chlorine, arsenic, lead, nitrates and heavy metals.
The system produces 50 gallons of water per day, enough for a small family. It comes with a 100% lead-free designer faucet and a certified JG food grade tubing to provide safe and pure water.
This unit is easy to install without using tools. It also comes with high-quality leak-free quick connect fittings and all parts needed for fast and easy installation.
APEC ROES-50 is also backed by a 2-year extended manufacturer warranty, which is available upon registration.
- Inexpensive filters
- Easy to install
- Removes up to 99% of water contaminants
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- Produces only 50 gallons of water per day
- No remineralization
2. Home Master TMFAC-ERP Artesian Under Sink RO System
The TMAFC is a 4-stage water filtration system with 2 pre-filters, an RO membrane and a remineralization filter. It can remove up to 99% of heavy metals, dissolved solids, chlorine and other contaminants.
The system’s patented remineralization adds calcium and magnesium twice during the filtration process. This helps to reduce storage tank degradation and improves the taste of the water.
It comes with a built-in non-electric permeate pump that reduces waste water up to 80% and increases pure water production by 50%. A Fast Flo RO kit with large fittings and tubing allows a faster flow rate than traditional systems.
TMAFC-ERP comes in a modular design that is easy to upgrade and service. You only need to replace the system’s filters only once per year or per every 2000 gallons.
The unit is also easy to install and comes with filters already in place. The package comes with all installation hardware as well and a comprehensive user instructional manual.
The product is also NSF certified and backed by a 5 years limited warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Double remineralization technology
- Affordable maintenance cost
- Long lifespan filters
- Permeate pump that reduces waste water
- Easy to upgrade
- Easy to install
- Removes up to 99% of water contaminants
- 5-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Wastes 4 gallons of water to purify 1 gallon
3. iSpring RO500 Tankless RO Water Filtration System
iSpring water systems situated in Alpharetta, GA, has dominated the industry for more than 10 years. It’s a family-owned company that produces innovative RO water filters for commercial establishments and households.
The iSpring RO500 is an under sink RO system that overcomes all traditional RO drawbacks. With its 3 in 1 composite filter, carbon block filter and advanced RO membranes, the system removes up to 99% of over 1,000 contaminants.
The unit has a fast flow rate of 0.4 gallons per minute and exceptional filtered water to waste water ratio of 2:1. It saves water by up to 400% compared to conventional models.
The results? Reduced water bills and less water going to waste.
Featuring a sleek tankless design, the unit frees more space in your under-sink storage area. It also adds an aesthetic pleasure to your kitchen space.
RO500 also features a high-quality smart faucet with real-time TDS and codes indicator. With it, you don’t have to worry about the quality of your water. It’ll help you monitor everything in the most convenient way.
The monitor suggests filter change schedules and codes that can help you with troubleshooting.
- Backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Fast 0.4 GPM flow rate
- Real-time TDS monitoring
- Filter status indicator
- Higher daily maximum output
- Reliably low TDS
- Attractive faucet
- Instructions could be better
4. iSpring RCC7AK-UV 7Stage Under Sink RO Drinking Water Filtration System
The iSpring RCC7AK is a 7-stage filtration system that removes 99% of 1,000 contaminants, including chlorine, lead (removes 98% lead), arsenic, asbestos, calcium and more.
With its advanced 11-watt UV stage, this unit is suitable for dealing with well water and other unreliable water sources like streams and lakes.
And since the RO process removes a few helpful minerals, the alkaline remineralization filter restores the healthy minerals and an alkaline balance giving you tasty water.
The RCC7AK-UV is a high capacity system that produces 75 gallons of purified water per day. It has a drain ratio of 3:1, although the amount varies depending on the feed water pressure.
It features a pressurized 4-gallon pre-pressurized water storage tank, and a European-designed brushed nickel faucet that gives it an aesthetic appeal.
The system is easy to install and can be installed by anyone with basic DIY skills within an hour. The installation manual is easy to use and takes you through the stages step-by-step.
- Produces 75 gallons of pure water per day
- High capacity storage tank
- Removes up to 98% of water contaminants
- Inexpensive replacement filters
- Comes with a water leakage alarm
- Remineralization filter improves taste and raises water pH level
- 1-year money-back guarantee and 3 years manufacturer limited warranty
- Wastes 3 gallons to purify one water gallon
- Large footprint
5. Express ROALKUV10M 11 Stage UV Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System.
Express Water is a Taiwanese company that focuses on easy to use and install one-stop systems that can handle all your drinking water needs.
The Express Water ROALKUV10M RO system is an 11-stage water filtration system that claims to remove 99% of water contaminants. It can produce 0.8 gallons per minute and 100 gallons of purified water per day.
The system’s 1st stage is a sediment filter that removes dust, sand and dust. The 2nd and 3rd stages use carbon block and granular carbon filters that remove volatile organic chemicals, chlorine and odor-causing compounds.
These early stages are extremely important as they help extend the life of the RO membrane(4th stage). This filter helps purify your well water as it focuses on the most stubborn impurities like lead, arsenic, TDS, fluoride and others.
The 5th-9th stages use the alkaline filter, which adds antioxidants, 5 stages of mineralization and oxygen to the water. The 10th stage is UV filtration, which removes microorganisms like E.coli and bacteria. In contrast, the 11th stage (final stage) is a post activated carbon filter that removes any lingering taste or odor from your water.
All filters used in the system are double sealed to provide filtration efficiency and value. They are easy to replace, with the pre-filters being swamped only twice a year. The RO membrane, post carbon and the alkaline remineralization filters require replacement once a year.
In case of a leak, the system’s leak detector shuts off the water flow automatically.
ROALKUV10M is also easy to install, meaning that you don’t need to get a plumber to put it up for you. It comes in an easy-to-understand design and all the hardware required for installation.
- Operates quietly
- Easy to install
- Water tastes great
- Removes 99% of water contaminants
- Fast flow rate
- High water storage capacity
- A bit bulky
Things to Consider Before Getting an RO System for Well Water
Water output is simply the amount of water a system can filter in a day. The higher the water output, the better. And one thing you need to be extra keen about is that although some brands advertise their products to have an output of 100 or more, this might not be the case.
Some of these figures are only achieved with ideal water temperature and water flow conditions. Don’t be surprised to find out that, in reality, the output range of the products is much lower than the indicated figure.
So, how do you overcome this?
Research about the brand before ordering for the RO system. You can also check some online customer reviews for assurance.
When removing contaminants from well water, essential minerals like calcium and magnesium are removed as well. Remember, you need these minerals as they are important for your health.
Go for an RO system that offers remineralization to restore the minerals to your water and improve its taste.
Although RO systems are highly effective at removing contaminants from well water, they produce a lot of waste for every gallon of purified water. Some even waste 4 gallons of water to produce just one gallon of pure water!
But do you know that there are systems that produce less waste water? Those that have a drain ratio of 1:1? You only need to do a little market research to end up with a system that helps you save more water for cooking and drinking purposes.
The capacity of your storage water tank dictates the amount of pure water you can have ready for use at any given time. The larger the tank, the higher the capacity and vice versa.
Without a storage tank, you can only draw water as the system filters it, meaning that you’ll experience a limited water flow rate.
High-quality reverse osmosis systems help improve well water quality by removing the contaminants that make it unsafe for drinking. We’ve included the above list to help you take no chances but end up with an RO system that fits your needs.
The included buying guide should also help you overcome some of the issues that can lead to a wrong product choice. With the best RO system for well water, you are assured of clean, pure and great tasting water at all times.