Access to fresh drinking water is very important, but not all homes get healthy water from the tap. Relying solely on purified bottled water is expensive, and therefore the most economical and reliable solution is a water cooler.
A water cooler comes in handy in the kitchen, play space, garage or any other place where you need it. And it’s even better if the water dispenser includes an RO filtration system. This way, you are assured of clean, purified and safe water for your family.
The best reverse osmosis water cooler should suit your consumption needs, personal style and address the issues of the water itself.
But now, how do you get the best RO water cooler where there are plenty in the market today?
In this post, you’ll find out why the products we’ve included in the list are all solid choices and learn the things to look out for when shopping for a reverse osmosis water cooler.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
- Best Budget RO Water Cooler: Primo-Easy Bottom Loading Water Dispenser: The model comes in a stylish bottom-loading design, features 3 temperature settings, comes with a child-resistant safety lock, is easy to clean and maintain, is Energy Star and UL certified and is backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
- Best Bottleless RO Water Cooler: Brio Moderna RO Water Cooler Dispenser: A high-quality water cooler that comes in a sleek, modern design, features 3 temperature settings, has a night light, touch-sensitive interface, TDS meter, boasts a self-cleaning feature, LED display, is child safe and easy to install.
- Best Tankless RO Water Cooler: KFLOW Countertop RO Water Filter System: This unit features a tankless design, is space-saving, uses unmatched double RO filters, adopts the Recycling Multi Filtration Technology, has a smart filter life and TDS indicator, removes 99.99% of water contaminants and is easy to install.
- Best 3-Stage RO Water Cooler: Simpure Y6 RO Bottleless Water Dispenser: A 3-stage RO water dispenser that removes 99% water contaminants, has a fast flow rate of 418 gallons per day, a low drain ratio of 5:1, uses Recycling Multi Filtration Technology and requires zero installation.
- Best Countertop RO Water Cooler: Geekpure Countertop RO Water Dispenser: A 3-stage countertop water cooler with 4 temperature settings, removes 99% water contaminants, has pure water to drain ratio of 1:2, a fast flow rate of 75 gallons per day, a tank capacity of 1.2 gallons, is easy to move around and requires zero installation.
Best Reverse Osmosis Water Coolers in 2023
1. Primo-Easy Bottom Loading Water Dispenser
If all you need is a simple and affordable water dispenser, you’ll love this unit from Primo. The Primo-Easy bottom loading water dispenser comes in a stylish design, black color and can fit various interior designs.
The unit’s easy bottom-loading design makes it easy for you to load it. The water bottle (either 3 or 5 gallons) is concealed inside the cabinet for a clean look.
With this unit, you can dispense ice-cold, cool or piping hot water at any time of the day and with just a simple push of a button. The multi-step RO process ensures that you get high-quality water at all times.
Worried about your kid’s safety around this dispenser? You don’t have to. It includes a child-resistant safety feature to protect your little one from hot water burns. It also features a night light that you can turn on and off with a switch in the back.
The model’s installation process is quite simple. No tools or expertise is needed, meaning that you don’t have to pay a plumber for the service. You can do it on your own.
To put it up, you just need to place it in the designated place, plug it in and load the water bottle.
Primo-Easy is also easy to clean and maintain. And although it doesn’t have self-cleaning features, it comes with a removable drip tray, which is dishwasher safe.
The dispenser operates silently, is Energy Star Certified, UL listed and backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
- Takes less kitchen space
- Blends in well with other kitchen appliances
- 3 temperature settings
- Comes with a child safety lock
- Has a night light
- Has a 3-5 water gallon capacity
- Highly energy-efficient
- Not too bulky
- Reasonably priced
- Backed by a 1-year limited warranty
- A little loud when dispensing water
2. Brio Moderna Reverse Osmosis Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser
Brio is a Chinese water cooler and filtration systems company committed to servicing your hydration need. Their innovative water coolers and modern technology make drinking clean water easy.
Their products are built to match your preferences, lifestyle and preferences.
This Brio Moderna water cooler is a unit that uses a direct line to dispense limitless clarified water. It has a corrosion-resistant 304 stainless steel finish and features a sleek, modern design.
The Moderna is perfect for making cool refreshments or toasty beverages. It provides you with the ultimate hydration experience by giving you full control.
Hot water adjusts from 174 degrees F to 194 degrees F, and cold water adjusts from 39 degrees F to 59 degrees F.
The model features bright night light that illuminates the dimmest environment. If you are one of those who take a glass of water late at night, you’ll always refill your cup without spilling the water when dispensing.
Brio Moderna gives you the chance to enjoy hot or cold water with a simple press of a button, thanks to its touch-sensitive interface. It also boasts a Total Dissolved Solids function that lets you check the real-time reduction of contaminants in your water.
Thanks to reverse osmosis technology, you can enjoy clean, pure and safe water from this model. The technology reduces pathogens and debris as small as 0.0001 microns.
You also don’t have to worry about the hassle of cleaning the water cooler. It self-cleans with a powerful UV light to ensure that you always have fresh and clean water.
It has a clear LED display that enables you to see the water temperature, time and other notifications at any time of the day. It also has a child lock safety feature that protects kids from accidental burns.
- Highly sensitive touch controls
- Child safety lock
- Solid construction
- Super easy to set up
- Complete and easy-to-follow instructions manual
- Night light illumination
- Removes contaminants from the water
- Filters are easy to install and remove
- Self-cleaning UV light
- High price tag
3. KFLOW Countertop Reverse Osmosis 4 Stage Water Filter System
KFLOW has been manufacturing water purification equipment since 1997. The Company creates premium products, and KFLOW-TDS-180 is one of them.
The unit comes in a tankless design and thus won’t take your under-sink space. Its countertop design enables you to place it anywhere as long as there’s a power supply. And since it’s a combination of a dispenser and under the counter filter, you can use it in your office, kitchen, bedroom, among other places.
With unmatched double RO filters and a 4-stage filtration system, this unit accelerates filtration faster than single RO systems. It adopts the Recycling Multi-Filtration Technology meaning that the water left after filtration is not left for the drain but recycled for the next round of filtration.
The system boasts a smart filter life and TDS indicator that lets you know when the cartridges expire and whether your water meets the drinking standards. Thanks to the electronic indicators display, you’ll always know when to replace the filters.
Another top-selling feature of this unit is its user-friendly design. The system comes with a spiraled filter design that makes filter replacement easy. A creative carafe replaces built-in water storage and helps avoid the risk of secondary pollution.
However, one thing to note is that in the beginning, the TDS value might be a little higher because of new filter activation, resulting in a weird taste in the water. Flush the system for 10 to 15 times and pour away the water to remove the foul taste.
- Comes in a user-friendly design
- Filter replacement is a breeze
- Zero installation
- Tankless design helps to avoid secondary pollution
- Intelligent real-time monitoring system
- Removes 99.99% of water contaminants
- Wastes less water
- Expensive replacement filters
4. SimPure Y6 Reverse Osmosis Bottleless Water Dispenser
Based in Seattle, Washington, USA, Simpure devotes a lot of energy to manufacturing practical, convenient and affordable household filtration products. They believe in a minimalist lifestyle and are committed to making things easy for you.
The Simpure Y6 is a 3-stage RO water filter dispenser designed utilizing the latest purification technology. It converts your well/tap water into healthy drinking water by removing 99.99% of 1000+ pollutants in the water.
The unit uses a UV purification system to effectively destroy harmful microorganisms, germs, bacteria and more through sterilization from the water. Combined with the 3 stages RO filtration system, the unit takes water purification to another level and makes your water taste great.
Simpure Y6 is highly efficient when it comes to purifying your water. It has a 5:1 pure to drain ratio and has a faster dispense flow rate of 418 GPD. With it, you’ll get a purified cup of water in 15 seconds.
The model also uses the Recycling Multi Filtration Technology and can save your water up to 1500%.
Compared to traditional under sink filtration, this unit is free from water source and space constraints. You can place it anywhere with a power supply. Its lightweight design makes it easy to move to your kitchen, bedroom, lobby, outdoor RV, among other places.
And the best part?
Simpure Y6 requires no installation. You just need to plug it into a power source and have your water purified right away.
- No installation required
- Compact and smart design
- Features a more efficient RO system
- Dispenses great tasting water
- Less waste water
- Easy filter replacement
- Great design that eliminates leaks
- Easy to use
- Getting replacement filters isn’t easy
5. Geekpure 3-Stage Countertop RO Water Dispenser
Geekpure is a leading manufacturer with exceptional experience in the water and purification field. The Company has been in operation for over 2 decades now and carries high-quality water filtration systems and components.
The Geekpure 3-Stage Countertop RO water dispenser is one of those components.
With a powerful 3-step filtration technology, this unit improves the TDS, turbidity, scale and taste of your water. It provides pure drinking water and makes life easier and better.
The unit has 4 temperature settings that allow you to customize your drinking water. It features room temperature, 113 degrees F, 185 degrees F and 212 degrees F for refreshing and satisfying hydration.
Geekpure uses advanced technology 3 stage filters with NSF certified RO membrane that removes 99% of contaminants in the water, including lead, arsenic, fluoride, cadmium, mercury and heavy metals.
It has pure water to drain ratio of 1:2 and a fast flow rate of 75 gallons per day, thanks to the built-in permeate pump it comes with. It also has a tank capacity of 1.2 gallons.
The unit comes in a compact, modern, stylish design to fit and match your décor. You can also move it with ease to anywhere in need, including the office, living room, kitchen, bedroom, among other places.
With this dispenser, you’ll never have to worry about the safety of your kid. It has a 2 step dispensing procedure on the hot water spout to prevent accidental pouring of hot water.
And just like most models in this list. Geekpure doesn’t require any piping and tools. You just need to plug it into a power outlet to enjoy pure and healthy water. Replacing filters is also a breeze. It’ll take you only a few seconds.
- 4 temperature settings to customize your drinking water
- Compact size that makes it easy to carry anywhere
- NSF certified RO membrane
- No installation required
- Comes with a child safety lock
- Built-in permeate pump improves water flow rate
- Low drain ratio of 1:2
- Designed for easy maintenance
- Filters quality not up to the mark
- Small water tank storage capacity
Factors to Consider when Buying an RO Water Cooler
The capacity of the Water Cooler
The amount of water you need depends on the number of people using the unit in a day. How many are you in your household? If you want one for the office, what’s the size of your team? If you have a big family or organization, go for a unit with a high purification and storage capacity for an endless water supply.
Before placing an order for the water dispenser, check whether it comes with the temperature requirements that you prefer.
Are you after a dispenser that will help you prepare coffee? If so, it should have the hot water temperature settings. It should also have room temperature and icy cold water settings.
Check the water cooler model depending on your temperature preferences. Also, ensure that the unit has the option of changing the temperature settings with different weather conditions.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Water coolers require regular cleaning hence the need to get a model that you can clean with ease. If possible, get one that comes with a self-cleaning feature.
It should also be easy to maintain and with filters that you can replace with ease when the need arises.
Although most water coolers operate silently, certain models make a lot of noise when running. You don’t want to end up with a unit that wakes up your fuzzy model every time someone dispenses water, right?
Go through online reviews to ascertain whether the model is a quiet one or not.
Water coolers provide cold, hot or room temperature water immediately. With one, bottled water becomes a thing of the past. It saves you a lot of time and effort since you won’t have to heat your water manually.
Our list contains high-quality models from top-rated brands, all of which work great. After going through the guide, we hope that you’ve identified one that can work for you or got an idea of what to look out for when shopping for one.