A built-in microwave oven can help you save your valuable counter space. It comes in handy for persons with limited kitchen space as well and is thus ideal for you if living in a small apartment.
These microwaves are explicitly designed to fit in a cabinet or wall. And since they sit flush with the cabinets around them, your kitchen gets a more streamlined look.
Looking for a built-in microwave for your kitchen? You’ve just landed on the right post. We’ve listed what we think are the 5 best Panasonic built-in microwave ovens available in the market today to make your work easier.
Panasonic microwaves are made from quality materials, come with various cooking modes, luxurious designs and are highly reliable.
Read on to learn more about these microwaves.
A Quick Comparison of Our Top Picks
- Best Panasonic Inverter Microwave: Panasonic NN-SD975S Microwave Oven with Cyclonic Inverter: This model comes with 1250 watts of cooking power,2.2 cubic feet capacity,20 auto cook menus,3-level popcorn button, has a blue illuminated dial, uses cyclonic inverter technology, one-touch Genius Sensor cook and reheat and has a child safety lock.
- Best 1250 Watts Microwave: Panasonic NN-SN766S Microwave Oven – 1250 Watts: A mid-sized microwave with 1250 watts of cooking power,1.2 cu. Ft capacity,15-inch turntable, uses inverter technology with Turbo defrost, comes with 14 preset menus, has a built-in automatic genius sensor and a keep warm feature.
- Best Microwave for Larger Families: Panasonic NN-SN966S Stainless Steel Microwave Oven: This microwave features 1250 watts of cooking power,2.2 cubic feet capacity,14 auto cook options,4-digit display, one-touch sensor cook and reheat, uses patented inverter technology and operates silently.
- Best 1200 Watts Panasonic Microwave: Panasonic NN-SN67KS Compact Microwave Oven: A compact microwave with 1200 watts of power,11 power levels,1.2 cubic feet capacity, comes with a 13.4 inches turntable,16 sensor cook settings, boasts smart controls and LED,3-level popcorn button and comes at a reasonable price.
- Best Microwave for Small Families: Panasonic NN-SD372S Microwave Oven: This model features 950 watts of cooking power,0.8 cubic feet capacity, has a solid construction, comes with an 11 ¼ inches turntable, boasts smart cook settings and with Genius Sensor, keep warm feature, child safety lock, comes with a user manual and operates silently.
Choosing the Best Built-in Panasonic Microwave Ovens
1. Panasonic NN-SD975S Microwave Oven with Cyclonic Inverter – 1250 Watts
- Cyclonic inverter technology
- 1250 watts of cooking power with 10 power levels
- One-touch Genius Sensor cook and reheat
- 20 auto cook menus
- 2.2 cubic feet interior capacity
- Blue illuminated dial
- 3-level popcorn button
- Inverter Turbo Defrost
The Panasonic NN-SD975S will most likely make you enjoy every minute you spend in the kitchen. It’ll make delicious cooking your daily lifestyle now that it’s powerful and easy to use.
The microwave comes in an intelligent design and has a large 2.2 cubic feet interior but a compact exterior footprint. With it, you can cook enough meals for a large family.
Thanks to the unit’s cyclonic inverter, you will not have to worry about losing flavor and nutrients in your food. The technology provides the power and precision for fresh, delicious and healthy meals automatically.
Afraid that you can’t hack a certain recipe? Panasonic NN-SD975S clears all the doubts with the Genius sensor that reheats and cooks meals automatically.
The sensor sets power levels and adjusts cooking and defrosting time to give you the best results.
The unit also features a blue illuminated dial, LED readout, button controls and boasts 10 power levels that provide automatic ease of making tasty and vitamin-rich foods.
It comes with 20 preset menus for pizza, pasta, quinoa, vegetables and more. This feature makes cooking very easy; you just need to push a button to get your meal ready.
- Large interior capacity
- Has a compact outside footprint
- Faster cooking time
- Comes with 20 preset menus
- Simple microwave controls
- Child safety lock for safety
- Keeps food warm up to 30 minutes
- Thaws food more evenly and quickly
- Door quality not up to the mark
2. Panasonic NN-SN766S Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology – 1250 Watts
- 1.6 cubic feet capacity
- 1250 watts of cooking power
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost
- 15-inch turntable
- Built-in automatic genius sensor
- 14 preset menus
- Quick-minute timer
- Keep warm feature
- Child safety lock
With its sleek stainless silver body and stainless steel door, the Panasonic NN-SN66S countertop microwave makes a stylish addition to any home.
It uses 1250 watts of cooking power and boasts a 1.6 cubic feet interior capacity and a compact exterior. It is also 8 pounds lighter than a conventional microwave hence easy to move around.
The microwave comes with a 15-inch turntable that evenly heats and cooks after-school snacks, dinners, breakfasts, appetizers and more.
It includes patented inverter technology, which delivers a constant cooking power for more evenly cooked food.
And just like the Panasonic NN-SD975S, this model comes with the Genius sensor-cooking button that the guesswork out of cooking a sumptuous meal by setting power levels automatically.
This technology also adjusts cooking or defrosting time or time-saving convenience.
The unit also boasts 14 auto cook options that enable you to prepare your favorite foods like soup, oatmeal, pizza, pasta and popcorn with ease.
Panasonic NN-SN766S keep warm feature helps to keep your foods like soups, vegetables, gravies, desserts and sauces warm until they’re ready to serve.
- Compact design
- Keeps food warm for longer
- Comes with 14 auto cook menus
- Intuitive controls provide a high-end look
- Defrosts frozen food perfectly
- Spacious interior capacity
- Beeps only once when the heating cycle is finished
- No way to customize keypads
3. Panasonic NN-SN966S Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
- 1250 Watts of high power
- Patented inverter technology
- 14 auto cook options
- Maximum interior, minimum footprint
- Turbo Defrost
- Keep Warm Feature
- 4-digit display
- One-touch sensor cook and reheat
Searching for the best microwave oven for your large family? How about trying out the Panasonic NN-966S a try? This unit boasts a 2.2 cubic feet capacity and 1250 watts of cooking power to help you prepare meals fast.
The stainless steel microwave delivers a seamless stream of power for even cooking, thanks to the patented inverter technology it comes with.
Advanced Inverter Turbo defrost helps to speed up defrosting time hence equally efficient.
Panasonic NN-S966S comes with a 16.5-inch turntable, which is thinner, lighter and more efficient. It leaves less space for electronics and more interior capacity.
The unit boasts smart cooking settings and a built-in Genius Sensor that adjusts power and time to help you cook different foods with ease.
It also comes with 14 preset menus to help you cook your favorite meals fast, a quick-minute timer, a delay start and a child safety lock for your kids’ safety.
- It comes in a sleek, stylish design
- Spacious interior with a compact footprint
- Has a child safety lock
- 14 auto cook menus make cooking a breeze
- Powerful enough to cook different foods fast
- Low noise level
- Easier to clean
- Stainless steel parts show fingerprints with ease
- Selecting power levels is a little complicated
4. Panasonic NN-SN67KS Compact 1200 Watts Microwave Oven
- 1.2 cubic feet capacity
- 1200 watts of cooking power
- 11 power levels
- 13.4 inches turntable
- Inverter technology
- Smart controls and LED
- 3 level popcorn button
- 16 sensor cook settings
- Genius sensor cooking
If living alone, with your partner or have a small family of not more than 4, you’ll find Panasonic NN-SN67KS a good fit. Although compact, It has a high cooking power of 1200 watts, which helps cook meals faster.
The model boasts 11 power controls, smart controls, a timer, and LED. It also comes with a 13.4 inches turntable.
You will always enjoy evenly cooked food without cold patches, thanks to inverter technology. Smart cooking settings take the guesswork out of your daily cooking and ensure that you prepare delicious meals for your family at all times.
The unit includes 16 sensor cook settings to help you cook pizza, popcorn, soup and other meals quickly and to perfection. Its sensor reheat function warms the food evenly to retain the nutrients and texture of your food.
And for all your frozen food, Inverter Turbo Defrost helps your food thaw quickly and more thoroughly.
If a popcorn lover, the 3-level popcorn button enables you to prepare the snack fast and with ease.
- Heats food evenly
- Sleek stainless steel exterior
- Powerful enough to cook a wide variety of meals
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to clean and use
- Interior LED light not bright enough
- A little louder
5. Panasonic NN-SD372S Microwave Oven
- 950 watts of cooking power
- 0.8 cubic feet capacity
- 11 ¼ – inch turntable
- Patented inverter technology
- Smart cook settings with Genius Sensor
- Minimum footprint
- Keep warm feature
- Child Safety Lock
Last on the list is this compact 950 watts microwave that cooks food fast and evenly. It has a 0.8 cubic feet capacity and an 11 ¼ inches turntable.
And just like all the other models on the list, this unit uses patented inverter technology to generate a seamless stream of power for consistent and efficient cooking.
The Genius sensor function enables you to adjust power and time when cooking different meals while the Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time.
This model boasts a child safety lock that prevents your kids from accidental burns, preset menu items and a delayed start.
A keep warm feature helps to keep your food warm until it’s ready to serve, while the quick single-minute timer lets you set your reheating and cooking time in single-minute intervals.
- Fits in tiny places
- Highly functional
- Solid construction
- Plenty of room to manage a dinner plate
- Easy to use and operates silently
- Stays in place when in use
- Comes with a user manual
- Shows fingerprints
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How long should my Panasonic microwave last?
Just like any other microwave, if it’s of high-quality, a Panasonic microwave oven should last for at least 7 years with normal use.
Q2. Are Panasonic microwaves the best?
Panasonic makes quality microwaves that are highly functional and reliable. Most have a high power-rating, come with useful preset buttons and help cook fast and evenly.
Microwaves from Panasonic, therefore, rank among the best microwaves you can find today.
Q3. Do Panasonic microwaves come with a warranty?
Yes, Panasonic microwaves are backed by a 1-year warranty.
Q4. What is microwave inverter technology?
This technology allows you to adjust your oven’s power supply so that when you input 50% power, you get a consistent 50% throughout the cooking process. It helps you cook faster and more evenly.
Q5. What’s the wattage of a good microwave?
When it comes to microwaves, the higher the wattage, the higher the power and the faster the cooking time. A good microwave should have at least 900 watts of cooking power.
Q6. Is a built-in microwave worth it?
Yes, a built-in microwave has a lot of advantages that make it worth going for. It helps keep your kitchen neat and saves valuable counter space.
Panasonic microwave ovens are not only powerful but also easy to use, reliable and highly functional. In this guide, we’ve included inverter microwaves from this brand and although a little pricier, they offer more consistent heating.
We’ve also included models of different capacities to help you select the best built-in microwave to suit your large or small family.
We hope that you now know the key features to look for in a Panasonic built-in microwave oven and that you found this guide to be helpful enough.