Does lack of space in your kitchenette, apartment, mobile home, office, RV or boat make it hard for you to access hot water?
Then, it is time to invest in a small electric water heater. It is an alternative to those bulky, wasteful and costly water heating systems.
Sounds impressive, right?
If you’re searching for the best mini tank water heater, we’ve done the hard part for you and found the top 7 most popular models right now.
So now you don’t have to spend your precious hours searching and researching the hundreds of models.
Just go through our mini tank water heater reviews and make a purchase.
What's in this Guide?
- A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
- Reviews of Our Recommended Best Mini Tank Water Heater in 2022
- 1. Bosch Tronic 3000 T ES2.5 Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater, 7738004996
- 2. Stiebel Eltron SHC 6 Water Heater, 235089
- 3. Ecosmart ECO Mini1 Electric Water Heater
- 4. Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater
- 5. Ariston Andris Mini-Tank Electric Water Heater
- 6. Thermoflow UT10 Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- 7. BISELONG Electric Mini-Tank Hot Water Heater
- How to Choose the Right Mini Tank Water Heater
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
The following chart will help you to compare all the essential specs of our reviewed 7 models.
- Best RV Mini Tank Water Heater: Bosch Tronic 3000 T : A water heater with a 2.5 gallons capacity, heats within the range of 65-145 degrees F, has a small footprint, boasts a solid construction, CFC-free thick foam insulation for maximum energy efficiency, is easy to use, and features an external dial that easies temperature control.
- Best Stand Alone/Wall Mount Water Heater: Stiebel Eltron SHC 6,235089: This unit comes in an attractive, sleek European design, is easy to install, offers temperature adjustments from 86 to 140 degrees F, has a glass-lined tank that reduces corrosion, is durable, and backed by a solid warranty.
- Best On-Demand Water Heater: Ecosmart ECO Mini1: The model has a capacity of 1.5 gallons, delivers hot water in just a few minutes, is compact and fits in any small space, has an adjustable temperature range from 60 to 140 degrees F, is energy-efficient, and has a glass-lined tank for long service life.
- Best Point of Use Water Heater: Camplux ME25: This unit stores up to 2.5 water gallons, is easy to install, compact, and lightweight, comes in a sleek and attractive design, has a fast recovery rate, and features an internal dial that enables you to control temperature range with ease and a red indicator light.
- Best Cost-Effective Water Heater: Ariston Andris: A powerful yet compact water heater made from premium materials, is easy to install, boasts TitanShield technology that protects the inner titanium glass-lined tank from corrosion and CFC-free foam insulation that increases energy efficiency.
- Best Under Sink Water Heater: Thermoflow UT10: This model is made from stainless steel, can store up to 2.6 water gallons, temperature between 45 to 167 degrees F, offers 2 operating modes, boasts advanced Auto Cut-Off function for overheating protection, and is suitable for any season.
- Best Space Saving Water Heater: BISELONG Electric Mini-Tank: The water heater has a capacity of 2.5 gallons, offers a maximum temperature of 167 degrees F,98% thermal efficiency, is easy to operate, boasts multiple protection functions, is super compact, and easy to install.
Reviews of Our Recommended Best Mini Tank Water Heater in 2022
While making this short-list, we’ve considered several vital factors: tank capacity, build-quality, energy-efficiency, dimensions, performance and price.
We spent hours reviewing each aspect of these products. Meanwhile, we’ve tried our best to simplify our in-depth review of each model as much as possible for your easy understanding.
Read on to find out the right one to meet your need!
1. Bosch Tronic 3000 T ES2.5 Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater, 7738004996
Bosch Tronic 3000 T ES2.5 is one of the most popular small-tank water heaters on the market.
It provides hot water quickly at the point of use or on-demand at your every need. It is an ideal hot water solution for small apartments, kitchenette, basements, garages, pool houses, RVs, boats, and patio sinks.
2.5 gallons capacity of ES2.5 is quite sufficient for indoor supplies. Notably, it is also available in 4-gallon (model ES4) and 7 gallons (model: ES8) tank capacity. So, you should be able to find the right model to meet your needs.
ES2.5 heats water within the range of 65-145 degrees Fahrenheit. The fast recovery rate of this heater minimizes the wait time for hot water. Conveniently, it can supply up to two sinks at a time.
This unit’s small footprint (13.75 W x 13.75 H x 10.75 D) makes it great for small spaces. You can mount it on the floor, shelf or wall. It also easily fits in a cabinet space or under your sink to provide hot water right where you need it.
The tank is constructed of premium glass-lined material for long service life. The CFC-free thick foam insulation ensures maximum energy efficiency. Plus, the sleek and attractive design blends seamlessly with any existing décor when installed in a visible location. What’s more, the glassy exterior is easy to clean and maintain.
Tronic 3000 T ES2.5 is easy to use. It features an external dial that allows you to control the temperature range easily.
The unit comes with a temperature-and-pressure relief valve installed. It plugs into a standard 120-volt outlet. Additionally, the temperature/pressure relief valve enhances your safety.
It’s worth noting that Bosch offers a respectable 6-year warranty on the unit and a 2-year warranty on parts.
- Sleek and attractive design
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to install and maintain
- Easy temperature adjustments
- Super well insulated
- Robust, long-lasting durability
- Hardware, fittings and tubing are not included.
- Several users have complained that the high-pressure valve leaks at a higher temperature.
2. Stiebel Eltron SHC 6 Water Heater, 235089
The Stiebel Eltron SHC 6 comes with a contemporary design and several amazing attributes.
This model is designed to instantly deliver hot water where you need it for convenient, water-saving and energy-saving use. It is ideal for residential, commercial and institutional uses.
No special wiring is necessary for its installation. You can easily plug this wonderful mini-tank heater right into a standard 110 or 120V outlet with the factory-installed power cord and plug. You can plumb it with cold water to use it as a stand-alone hot water supply.
The unit’s flat back makes it easy to install, whether just sitting on the floor or mounted on a wall with the included bracket. Conveniently, the P&T valve comes factory installed.
Plumbing in line from a remote tank is also possible to use the unit as a buffer tank. It minimizes hot water supply delays. The attractive, sleek European design matches any decor, whether it is exposed to view.
SHC 6 offers you convenient temperature adjustment. You can adjust the temperatures from 86 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on your preference. Thanks to its front-located simple thermostat dial. You can also use a special front protection setting to maintain internal tank temperature above freezing.
Stiebel Eltron is a high-end company known for high-quality products, and the SHC 6 is no exception. The glass-lined tank reduces corrosion and extends the service life. It is durable enough to stand up to high water temperatures.
The company offers a solid 6 years warranty against leakage and 2 years warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Importantly, SHC 6 is tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 372 for lead-free compliance.
- Quality workmanship
- Sleek design
- Quick and easy installation
- Fastest recovery time
- Simple temperature adjustment
- Stand-alone or wall-mount installation
- Lead-free components, safe to use
- UL/CSA Certified
- Made in Germany
- No significant issues found to mention
3. Ecosmart ECO Mini1 Electric Water Heater
EcoSmart is a relatively new company, which focuses on manufacturing quality products for a reasonable price. Their water heaters are rapidly gaining in popularity.
Their Mini-tank series is an excellent fit for people looking for a fairly priced on-demand water heater, whether for a home, RV, Condo or even a boat.
The Ecosmart Eco Mini series water heaters are available in four different sizes- 1.5, 2.5, 4.0, and 6 gallons tank capacity.
The Ecosmart ECO Mini 1 is one of the smaller models available which can store and heat water up to 1.5 gallons. This capacity is perfect for most requirements in small households, offices, small restaurants, and RVs.
With its excellent recovery rate, it delivers warm water in just a few minutes. It ensures you have hot water available more-often-than-not.
Its compact size fits in any small space. You can position the unit on the floor or mount it on the wall, whichever works best for you. Conveniently, it requires only a single water line.
It is designed for point of use or buffer applications to give your household water heater a boost. It delivers hot water almost instantly from its internal tank. The temperature range is adjustable from 60 to 140 degrees F.
This on-demand hot water system eliminates the long wait for hot water to reach the sink. Simply plug into a standard 110-volt outlet and start enjoying the hot water. Appliance 3 feet line cord included with the unit—no need for costly recirculating lines and pumps.
It is an energy-efficient unit that reduces monthly water heating costs up to 50%. Finally, the glass-lined welded tank prevents corrosion to ensure its long service life.
Ecosmart stands behind this product by offering generous 6 years limited warranty for leaks and 2 years on parts.
- Made of high-grade materials
- Works seamless and very quiet operation
- Faster recovery rate
- Energy-efficient, no cycling or stand-by heat loss
- Pretty easy to install
- Space-saving, compact design
- Manufactured in the United States
- The included ½-inch connectors are challenging to hook up with standard faucet supply lines.
4. Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater
Next, we have another excellent mini tank electric water heater from CAMPLUX, one of the leading manufacturers in home appliances.
Camplux ME25 is a Point-of-Use heater that stores up to 2.5 gallons of water. It is perfect for patio kitchen station, basement wet bar, attic, garage, RVs, or boat.
The unit is easy to install. You’ll need to tap into the water and install the unit directly at the sink. You don’t need costly pumps and recirculating lines. Plug into a 120-volt supply socket to run the unit.
Its compact and lightweight design is very friendly to any small space. You can mount it on a shelf, wall or simply keep it on the floor. The sleek and attractive exterior of the unit blends seamlessly with any existing decor if installed in a visible space.
Its fast recovery rate saves water and reduces heating losses by eliminating the long wait for hot water to reach the faucet. This premium mini-tank water heater’s stand-by loss is minimal. What’s more, its glass-lined tanks and built-in insulation foam reduces heat loss and adds durability.
ME25 features an external dial that allows you to control the temperature range easily. Once set, the adjustable thermostat will automatically control the temperature of the water.
The nice aspect is that its red indicator remains illuminated while water is being heated. The temperature-and-pressure relief valve is CSA listed for enhanced safety.
- High-quality built; durable
- Smart and elegant design
- High efficiency for heating, saving energy and electric bills
- Plug-In style, easy to use and maintain
- Great to install in any room
- Excellent insulation
- Enhanced safety
- IPX24 waterproof rating
- Easily to control temperature range
- UL listed
- It is a bit bulky.
5. Ariston Andris Mini-Tank Electric Water Heater
Ariston Andris is a cost-effective solution for instant hot water. It is a powerful yet compact water heater that provides you with instant hot water at the point of use, when and where you need it.
You can fit it with a system that can work independently. Alternatively, you can link it to your sink water system to get instant hot water from your tap.
Installation of a water heater has never been easier, with a simple tap into a cold water line and a standard 120-Volt outlet. Conveniently, it comes included with brackets for wall installation. It also includes rubber feet for floor mounting.
For quality and safety, you can count on Ariston Andris. You can stay sure about its durability. The exclusive TitanShield technology fully protects the inner of the titanium glass-lined tank against corrosion. Plus, the high-efficiency CFC-free foam insulation increases energy efficiency.
- Made of premium materials
- Compact and stylish design
- Easy to clean
- Premium insulation
- Energy-efficient and reliable
- Fast heating
- Well-built and durable
- Comes ready-to-install
- Available in 2.5, 4, and 8 gallons capacity
- Somewhat noisy operation
6. Thermoflow UT10 Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
Looking for a true Point-of-use mini water heater? Then, Thermoflow UT10 is the right option for you. It is specifically designed for the under sink.
However, you can use this model for three different applications:
1. You can use it as a sole water heating system under single sink.
2. It is also perfect to use as a supplement a primary water heating source located far from the sink.
3. It can be used as a buffer installed in-line with a no-tank water heater.
UT10 also suits the patio kitchen, bathroom, basement wet bar, garage, school, hospital, office, and RV to meet your hot water needs. It can store up to 2.6 Gallons of water to supply hot water quickly.
The heating element and stainless steel tank are designed for efficiency, durability, and long life service. Fast heating and fast recovery rate save water and energy by eliminating long waits for hot water to reach your faucet. The stand-by loss is minimal.
UT10 has a temperature range between 45 to 167-degree F. Plus, it offers you two operating modes-energy saving mode and frost protection mode, making the unit suitable to use in any season.
The advanced Auto Cut-Off function offers overheating protection. The unit stops heating and reheating automatically if the temperature higher than the set level. Thus, it reduces the risk of damage to the unit.
- Reliable and safe to use
- Energy-saving and efficient
- Minimal standby loss
- Suitable for any season
- IPX24 waterproof
- Sleek and attractive design
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Very easy to install
- The temperature dial knob is a bit weird.
7. BISELONG Electric Mini-Tank Hot Water Heater
BISELONG 2.5 gallon point-of-use mini-tank heater is ideal for bar, kitchen, community, school, hospital, and RV. It fits under your sink to provide hot water right where you need it.
It offers a maximum temperature of 167-degree F and 98% thermal efficiency. You don’t need to wait a long time for hot water supply at your sink or faucet. Depending on the region within 8 to15 minutes, it heats the water to your desired temperature. Thanks to its fast recovery rate.
The built-in advanced chip heats up water to the temperature you set and automatically preserve the heat to the specified temperature. Easy to operate knob allows you to adjust the temperature easily.
The stainless steel tank will never rust, making the unit durable. Plus, the premium plastic shell is corrosion resistant.
Multiple safety protection functions protect the unit and you from the risk of scald, leakage, or other injuries. The safety functions include- over-temperature protection, dry heating protection and leakage protection.
Installation of the unit is also a breeze. It comes included with all the accessories to complete the quick installation without additional expenses. The super compact size is very friendly to fit any small spaces. Wall-, shelf- or floor mounting is possible.
Conveniently, you can use the unit as
- Stand alone
- In-line with your central water heating system
- Domestic hot water recirculation point to buffer temperatures
- Easy to operate and control
- Super lightweight and compact design
- Versatile installation options
- Multi-level safety function for worry-free uses
- Minimize energy waste
- One-year warranty
- Installation instruction is hard to follow.
How to Choose the Right Mini Tank Water Heater
After having gone through our review, we hope you have already made your choice. Huh?
But before you make that purchase, you still have a couple of factors to hone in on.
Don’t worry; we’ll share all these factors to help you to choose the model that best fits your need.
Small tank water heaters are available in different capacity, ranges from 1.5 to even 19 gallons. Before making a purchase, focus on the specific area you want to deliver hot water and consider your hot water needs. Then, select a unit that will be able to deliver the proper amount of hot water necessary. We recommend overestimating your needs.
If you plan to use the unit for a hand sink, a model with a 2.5-gallon capacity will most likely perfect to meet your needs. But if you need to use it for a shower, dishwasher, go for a model with the larger sized tank.
Recovery rate refers to the amount of time required to reheat the water of the tank. The wattage of the heating elements and the efficiency of the unit affect the rate of recovery. A higher wattage heating element can heat water faster, and therefore the unit has a shorter recovery rate.
Brand reliability is another factor to take into consideration. Choose a model from a well-known brand so that it backs up by a generous warranty. Also, check the availability of the replacement parts if needed in the future. It is wise to invest in a model with the highest energy efficiency.
It is also an important aspect of the budget. Electric models are not very expensive to purchase, but they vary in price range based on capacity, built-quality, and safety features. However, we recommend choosing a model that provides the best balance between performance and price.
Why go to the hassle and expenses of installing a large water tank heater when this small unit can meet your hot water need?
We hope this guide has helped you in choosing the best mini tank water heater.
These 7 models are expertly evaluated so that you can pick them confidently.
Thanks for reading!