The kitchen is one of the most important areas in every home. It’s where you make delicious meals for your family.
However, your kitchen would be incomplete without modern appliances to boost your cooking efficiency. One of these appliances is the microwave oven.
A microwave enables you to prepare foods faster. Most models come with amazing features such as preprogrammed settings, user-friendly controls, timer, LED display, among others.
These features enable the microwave to provide evenly cooked food in minutes.
Interested in a microwave oven with an LED display? Look no further. We’ve listed the 5 best microwave ovens with LED display in this post to help you make an informed decision.
A Quick Comparison of our Top Picks
- Best 1200 Watts Microwave Oven: Panasonic NN-SN67KS Compact Microwave Oven: A 1200 watts power microwave with 11 power levels,1.2 cubic feet capacity, auto and manual controls, uses patented inverter technology, comes with a 13.4 inches turntable, is easy to use, reasonably priced, and comes with a child safety lock.
- Best Microwave with Blue LED display: Sharp ZSMC2242DS: A spacious microwave oven with a 2.2 cubic feet capacity, uses 1200 watts power, has a stainless steel finish, uses precise cook sensor technology, boasts 10 power levels and 6 sensor presets, has a carousel system turntable, and is easy to clean.
- Best Budget-Friendly Microwave: Farberware Professional FMO12AHTBKE : This 1100 watts microwave comes in a sleek design, has a durable stainless steel construction, boasts 10 power levels, 7 touch-cooking programs, uses smart cooking technology, has a child safety lock, LED display, and comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Best 900 Watts Microwave Oven: Best Black+Decker Digital Microwave Oven: A compact microwave with a large LED display, operates with 900 watts of power, has 10 power settings, comes with a push-button door, 10.6” turntable, is easy to use, and is backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
- Best Retro Microwave Oven: Costaway Retro Countertop Microwave Oven: A cute green 900 watts microwave with 8 default-cooking menus, 0.9 cubic feet capacity, 5 power levels, auto-reminder function, LED display, child lock function, fits large plates, heats up quickly, and operates quietly.
Choosing the Best Microwave Oven with LED Display
1. Panasonic NN-SN67KS Compact Microwave Oven – 1200 Watts
- 11 power levels
- 1.2 cubic feet capacity
- Smart controls and LED
- 13.4 inches turntable
- Auto and manual controls
- Patented inverter technology
- Genius sensor
- Inverter Turbo Defrost
- 3 level popcorn button
Panasonic is one of the biggest microwave manufacturers in the world today. They make models that are not only reliable but also functional.
The Panasonic NN-SN67KS countertop microwave oven is no exception.
This unit features 1200 watts of high power for fast cooking and reheating. And to help you make enough food for your family at a go, the microwave boasts a 1.2 cubic feet interior capacity.
It includes the patented inverter technology, which delivers a constant stream of power for evenly cooked meals. The technology heats food without cold spots at 11 power levels – from the lowest to the highest.
With the touch of the sensor-cooking button, NN-SN67KS takes the guesswork out of creating delicacies by adjusting cooking or defrosting time and power levels.
The sensor calculates the amount of steam produced when cooking and signals the microprocessor to get (calculate) the remaining cooking time at the most appropriate power level.
The model boasts 16 auto cook options to help you prepare various meals, including pasta, pizza, popcorn, soup, oatmeal, and other meals.
Panasonic NN-SN67KS comes with a child safety lock to keep your fickle-minded kids safe. This lock prevents them from messing up with temperature and getting burnt.
- Stainless steel coating prevents oxidation
- 1200 watts of power leads to evenly cooked food
- Easy to use one-touch controls
- Comes with a child safety lock
- Has a spacious interior
- Is reasonably priced
- Its motor produces a loud sound, which can be irritating.
2. Best Microwave with Blue LED display – Sharp ZSMC2242DS
- Blue LED display
- 16” removable turntable
- 1200 watts cooking power
- 10 power levels
- 2.2 cubic feet capacity
- Stainless steel finish
- Precise cook sensor technology
- 6 sensor presets
- One-touch controls
Sharp is one of the biggest names in home electronics. They produce a wide range of microwave ovens, and most of these models are highly rated by buyers.
The company makes big, bold, and functional microwaves.
The ZSMC2242DS is a premium stainless steel microwave that will help you prepare a variety of delicacies from time to time.
It is a big microwave that features a 2.2 cubic feet capacity hence the best for you if you have a large family. With it, you can reheat and cook larger serving trays.
The unit also comes with a 16 inches removable glass turntable that makes cooking easier and is effortless to clean. It uses 1200 watts of cooking power and 10 power levels to help you cook with ease.
Blue LED display improves visibility while creating a modern look in your kitchen as well.
The ZSMC2242DS features precise cook sensor technology that automatically adjusts the cooking time. This technology makes the cooking process fast and easy.
For quick and accurate defrosting, this microwave features the auto defrost, which regulates power to automatically and accurately defrost by weight or time.
- Large interior capacity
- User-friendly features
- Quick and accurate defrosting
- Carousel system turntable makes cooking easier
- Easy to clean
- Stainless steel finish to complement your style
- Ideal for large families
- Fits larger casseroles and serving trays
- Not fingerprint resistant
- A little noisy
3. Farberware Professional FMO12AHTBKE 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
- 10 power levels and multistage cooking
- 7 one-touch cooking programs
- LED display
- Smart sensory cooking technology
- Defrost by weight or time
- Energy-saving mode
- +30 seconds control mode
Farberware is also a leading brand when it comes to home appliances. It is known for its reliable and quality products.
The company has some of the best microwave ovens you can find, and the Farberware Professional FMO12AHTBKE is one of them.
This microwave comes in a sleek design, boasts smart sensor cooking, and a powerful motor. It has a brushed stainless steel finish and a stylish front, which gives it an elegant look.
The control panel is straightforward to operate and very clear for visibility. You can customize the power into 10 levels to get the ideal temperature of your food.
Farberware professional’s multi-stage cooking functionality enables you to adjust cooking for a perfect finish. Its memory function is also another great addition as it stores the most frequently used settings for easy cooking.
Farberware is famous for its Smart Sensor technology that enables you to cook regular meals with ease. Some smart sensor options from this microwave include potato, frozen entrée, rice, frozen pizza, among others.
The technology also speeds up the cooking process.
And apart from presets, this model features a few defrost options, including the auto defrost and the 1lb. Defrost that helps save time.
- Sleek design that fits most kitchens
- LED display with a kitchen timer
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Stylish stainless steel front
- Child safety lock for security
- Energy saving
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Relatively loud
4. BLACK+DECKER Digital Microwave Oven
- Large LED display
- 6 Auto cook menus
- 900 watts with 10 power settings
- Push-button door
- UL approved
- Interior light
- 10.6” turntable
- Time/weight defrost
Black+Decker is an awesome brand for microwaves. And although its line of microwaves isn’t as feature-rich as some companies, it offers reliability at a very modest price point.
The Black+Decker Digital microwave comes in a stainless steel design and is very affordable. It is extremely compact with a 0.9 cubic feet internal capacity but spacious enough to prepare meals for a couple.
Its compact nature makes it the best for persons with tiny kitchen spaces or those living in college dorms. It can actually fit under kitchen counters.
The model’s door opens via a push button, a feature that gives it a streamlined, handle-free appearance. It also has a control pad with a sizable LED clock that is easy to see at night.
This microwave delivers 900 watts of power at its maximum setting, hence very efficient at heating food. It comes with 6 pre-programmed settings for pizza, popcorn, potato, beverage, frozen vegetable, and dinner plate.
It also comes with a 10.6” turntable that is easy to put in place and remove for cleaning when it gets dirty.
Worried about the safety of your kid? You don’t have to. The model comes with a child safety lock to protect your kid from accidental burns.
- Large LED digital display
- Easy to read control panel
- UL approved
- Reasonably priced
- Ideal for small spaces
- Features lots of preset options
- Easy to use
- One year limited warranty
- Gets smudged by oils easily
5. Costaway Retro Countertop Microwave Oven Green
- 8 default cooking menus
- Delayed start function
- Defrost by weight and speed
- 0.9 cubic feet capacity
- 900 watts power with 5 power levels
- Auto reminder function
- LED display
- Child lock function
- ETL certified and UL certified power cord
For more than a decade, Costaway has been committed to creating a comfortable lifestyle for you by creating high-quality products.
They insist on using high-quality materials and cutting-edge design to produce products that stand the test of time.
The Costaway Retro microwave comes in a compact design to fit your small studio, apartment, or dorm. It offers 900 watts of power and 5 power levels to help you meet your various cooking needs.
And did we say that this model is cute? You’ll love it! Its compact retro appearance brings a noble and elegant atmosphere to any room.
The microwave comes with a glass turntable that rotates at 360 degrees to help you cook your food more evenly. It’s detachable design makes it easy for you to clean after every use.
This retro microwave is relatively easy to operate thanks to the 2 mechanical knobs and buttons on the display panel that allow you to choose the power level and cooking time.
It boasts an easy-to-read LED display that shows the remaining cooking time clearly.
The microwave has a default-cooking menu for foods such as pizza, popcorn, and potato. The auto cook menu operation brings convenience and efficiency to you.
It’s also designed with a child lock to keep your kid safe at all times.
- Easy to operate
- Compact hence ideal for small spaces
- Beautiful design
- Fits large plates
- Heats up food quickly
- Fairly quiet when running
- Great capacity but takes minimal counter space
- Quality not up to the mark
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is a 900 watts microwave oven good?
Yes, a 900 watts power microwave gives a good amount of cooking power to enable you to cook in less time.
Q. Are 700 watts enough for a microwave?
700 watts are enough for basic reheating, cooking, and defrosting. A 700 watts microwave is okay for home use.
Q. Is there any difference between a 1000 watts and an 1100 watts microwave?
1000 watts is 10% less than 1100 watts. To get similar cooking results, you need to add 10% more time when using a 1000 watts oven.
Q. What are the best features of modern microwave ovens?
Most modern microwaves feature a smart display, touch control, auto cook menu, superior defrosting and browning, manual power level settings, automatic steam sensors, and interlocks.
Q. Can I live without a microwave?
Living without a microwave can be challenging if you’re used to cooking and heating foods quickly. However, if you do not have space or budget for one, it’s possible to live without it.
Q. Which size is the best for a microwave oven?
The best size for a microwave oven depends on personal preferences and needs. However, most people prefer a microwave with 0.8 capacity or more.
Microwaves add a lot of cooking convenience that it’s pretty hard to picture a modern home without one. And with so many models, sizes, features, and functions to choose from, you’ll get one that blends in with your style, cooking habits, and preferences.
We hope that you’ve found our guide helpful and that you’ve come across a model that you feel could work for you. Good luck with your shopping!