If you’re in the market for a new shower door, there are many factors to consider. There are various types of doors–frameless, pivot, and sliding–and a wide range of prices.
One top-rated company is Kohler Co., manufacturer of kitchen and bath products since 1873. The company markets its line of frameless glass-enclosed shower systems as well as other brands.
Dreamline Manufacturing Company has been making frameless shower enclosures since 1983. It offers over 30 models with four different finishes: brushed nickel, bronze patina, oil rubbed bronze, and satin chrome.
Each of these companies has unique benefits for homeowners, so it’s essential to know them when making your decision. Dreamline shower doors are elegant and ultra-modern. Kohler doors are dependable and long-lasting.
Dreamline doors have anti-splash technology, while Kohler has an Aqua shield protection. This is vital against fingerprints and elements from sticking. There are many differences between the two companies, but each has unique features to help them stand out.
Let’s look at what each company offers, as well as the pros and cons of each, shall we?
Dreamline Shower doors
Dreamline offers over 30 shower door models with four finishes and two different hardware styles. Dreamline focuses exclusively on the design, manufacture, marketing and sale of customized glass showers worldwide. There are ultra-modern, modern, transitional and traditional styles available.
The Dreamline shower doors use the latest ClearMax technology to keep the windows clear and looking smart. Every person wants a shower door that is perfect in design, construction and application. They use a very sleek, clean, modern look that will be sure to upgrade any bathroom.
This provides an unobstructed view of the shower area itself for greater openness in your shower space.
The Dreamline doors come standard with pressure-balancing valves. This prevents the door from opening through high pressure water stream. Dreamline doors have soft-close hinge technology that keeps the noise to a minimum.
Plus, there’s no metal-on-metal contact, which can cause damage over time.
In most Dreamline doors, you will find a patented Dreamline Quick Release System, which allows for easier door removing when you are replacing or cleaning without tools.
The Dreamline company uses the finest quality components and materials available.
They are also fitted with anti-splash systems that prevent spillages in any situation. Most of the shower doors have coated glass that lasts for a very long time. It also enhances your bathroom’s look by giving it an elegant appearance.
The Dreamline doors come with adjustable hinges. This makes adjustments for shifting walls, floors and uneven surfaces quick and easy. The self-closing door hinge keeps water from leaking out through the gap between the frame and glass.
Dreamline is certified by all relevant authorities making their shower doors legit.
Pros and cons of Dreamline shower doors:
- Standard pressure-balancing valves to prevent the door from opening thanks to pressurised water stream
- Soft-close hinge technology keeps noise at bay, plus there’s no metal on metal contact, which can cause damage over time.
- There are a lot of designs to choose from–ultra-modern, modern, transitional and traditional styles available
- A sleek, clean look will upgrade any bathroom
- Some users report issues with installation as it has to be perfect.
- Price is higher than some other brands.
- They don’t support PayPal
Kohler shower doors
While Kohler has been making kitchen and bath products since 1873, it only began selling its line of frameless glass-enclosed shower systems in 2004. The company has been on a roll ever since and is the number one seller of showers products worldwide.
Kohler uses top quality materials, including Kohler cast brass hardware options tested to over 100,000 cycles for durability and dependability. Kohler also uses a multi-layer coating system to prevent corrosion on the hardware. This keeps it looking beautiful for years to come.
Kohler offers several different door styles with a wide range of glass options. Some include clear, frosted, textured, and tinted designs that will complement any bathroom décor.
The Kohler shower door may look like any other frameless glass-enclosed system, but it’s not. The technology they use makes the difference between this model and its competitors.
The Kohler doors are fully integrated units with concealed hinges for easier cleaning. This is a significant plus if you’re not a fan of cleaning shower doors. The doors also have Kohler’s innovative AquaShield protection, which helps keep the doors clean for a long time.
It uses water to prevent fingerprints, soap scum, and grime from sticking–it’ll stay clean longer than other models. The company has all the relevant certifications, which gives buyers peace of mind.
Pros and cons of Kohler shower doors:
- Use top quality materials, including Kohler cast brass hardware options tested to over 100,000 cycles for durability and dependability.
- The multi-layer coating system prevents corrosion on the hardware, plus it keeps it looking beautiful for years to come.
- The doors are fully integrated units with concealed hinges for easier cleaning–a major plus if you’re not a fan of cleaning shower doors.
- The AquaShield protection uses water to prevent fingerprints, soap scum and grime from sticking–it’ll stay clean longer than other models.
- Price is higher than some brands’ models.
- The doors don’t have a soft close hinge–it may cause the door to slam shut.