A bottleless countertop water dispenser makes it possible for you to provide your family with an uninterrupted supply of clean, healthy and fresh-tasting water.
This appliance is a compact unit that sits on a kitchen counter and dispenses water without using a storage bottle. The bottleless dispensers are also referred to as inline, plumbed in, point of use or tankless water dispensers.
And since these water dispensers draw water from your house water line, they’ll never run out of water. With no bottles, these units are also better for the environment as they reduce your carbon footprint.
The biggest challenge, however, is getting the best bottleless countertop water dispenser. With the huge volume of these appliances in the market today, the task can never get easy.
Thankfully, we have compiled this review to make your choice easier. We’ve also included a buying guide to help you make an informed buying decision.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
- Editor’s Choice: Brio CLCTPOU620UVF2 Self-Cleaning Countertop Bottleless Water Dispenser: A bottleless water dispenser with a 2-step filtration system,3 temperature settings, large dispense point, bright night light, features UV self-cleaning technology, is space-saving, high-quality and with an attractive finish.
- Best for Small Households: Avalon B8BLK: A highly innovative dispenser that comes in a space-saving design, has dual filters to remove water contaminants, is child safe, has a highly efficient compressor and leak detector, is Energy Star Certified, UL listed and is easy to install.
- Best RO Countertop Water Dispenser: Simpure Y6: This unit uses RO and UV purification systems, removes 99.99% contaminants, has a low drain ratio of 5:1, a fast flow rate of 418 GPD, uses the Recycling Multi Filtration Technology, is lightweight, easy to move, NSF certified and requires zero installation.
- Best Point-of-Use Countertop Water Dispenser: Aquarius Countertop Bottleless Water Dispenser: This dispenser features a stylish design, is less than 17″ tall, fits under kitchen cabinets, has a high dispense point, features an EZ filtration system, built-in ¼-inch connect fitting, neon-blue dispensing area light and is backed by a solid warranty.
Best Bottleless Countertop Water Dispensers in 2023
1. Brio Self Cleaning CLCTPOU620UVF2 Countertop Bottleless Water Dispenser
Brio water dispensers rank top alongside other popular top brands. They have glowing reviews for premium quality and affordability.
The Brio CLCTPOU620UVF2 is a bottleless water dispenser that filters water using a dual filtration system that consists of a sediment and carbon block filter.
The first stage filters the water from common contaminants found in the water, such as dust and rust. The 2nd stage further purifies the water by removing contaminants and improving the taste and odor in the water.
The unit has 3 temperature settings that allow you to choose between crisp cold, room temperature and piping hot water. It is ideal for preparing toasty beverages or cool refreshments.
If you have a small kitchen countertop, you’ll find this model a worthy investment. It’ll save you extra space in your kitchen since it’s ideal for compact spaces.
Thanks to the unit’s large dispense point, you can refill almost any sized bottle or cup hassle-free. Its large access point allows for easy pouring and ensures that you don’t struggle when dispensing water.
With this unit, you’ll never spill or overfill your glass when dispensing water during the night. It has a bright LED night light that illuminates even the darkest of environments.
The CLCTPOU620UVF2 uses UV light technology to self-clean. This technology eliminates contaminants from the water cooler to ensure that your water remains clean, pure and fresh at all times.
- Self-cleaning UV light
- Night light that illuminates dark environments
- 3 temperatures settings
- Reduces cost of constant water supply
- Ideal for compact spaces
- Uses dual filtration system to filter the water
- Dispenses great tasting water
- Large dispense point
- Attractive, sleek finish
- Unmatched quality
- Filters are a little expensive
2. Avalon B8BLK Touchless Countertop Bottleless Water Dispenser
Avalon is a leading hydration equipment brand and has been in the industry for over a decade. They are committed to providing you with the best hydration experience.
The Avalon B8BLK is made with innovation and style. It is a compact appliance suitable for any house with limited kitchen space.
And like any other compact appliance, this water cooler doesn’t take too much space. You can set it on the countertop, a table or a makeshift desk.
The unit comes with dual filters: sediment and carbon filters which last for 6 months or 1500 gallons. The filters do a great job removing contaminants such as lead, chlorine, rust and bacteria from the water. They also remove odor and improve the taste of your water.
B8BLK features hot and cold temperature settings and has a highly efficient compressor that makes cold water crisp at 47 degrees F. The hot faucet provides water that is hot enough to cook coffee, tea or any other hot beverage at approximately 185 degrees F.
The unit is child safe as it comes with a child-lock for the hot water spout, a feature that enables you to use it worry-free. It also features a leak detector to prevent you from second-guessing whether it has leaks or not.
The B8BLK is easy to install, comes with the full installation kit and detailed instructions with illustrations. It is also Energy Star certified for efficiency and UL listed as well.
- Ideal for offices and small households
- Built-in leak detector
- Child lock mechanism for your kids’ safety
- 2-stage filter system removes water contaminants
- Compact and space-saving
- Energy Star and UL certified
- Easy to use paddle-spouts
- Built-in night light
- Cold and hot water only
- No self-cleaning technology
3. SimPure Y6 Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Dispenser
For over a decade, SimPure has been dedicated to providing you with world-class water filtration solutions. The company is based in Seattle, Washington, USA and specializes in creating ergonomically designed and efficient RO water coolers.
The SimPure Y6 is a bottleless water dispenser that uses reverse osmosis to remove 99.99% of water contaminants, including chemicals, heavy metals, chlorine, TDS, among others.
It also uses a UV purification system to destroy 99.99% of bacteria and germs through sterilization effectively. The UV and RO systems will not only remove contaminants from the water but also give a great taste.
The Y6 is highly efficient in water purification and has the lowest drainage ratio (5:1) of RO system products currently in the market. For every 5 gallons of water produced, the unit wastes only one gallon of water.
Using the Recycling Multi Filtration Technology, the unit saves water up to 1500%. It has a fast flow rate of 418 gallons per day and can purify a cup of water in 15 seconds.
If you aren’t good at DIY, this is the dispenser to go for. It requires zero installation! You just need to plug it in a power outlet and dispense purified,healthy water right away.
It’s actually not bulky, a feature that makes it easy to move around the house. You can use it in the bedroom, living room, kitchen, lobby or in the RV.
- Compact and smart design
- Removes 99.99% of contaminants from the water
- Lowest drain ratio of 5:1
- Fast flow rate of 418 GPD
- Produces healthy and great tasting water
- Comes with a set of quick-changing filter cartridges
- Instant pure water dispense
- Uses UV and RO purification systems
- NSF certified
- No installation required
- Getting replacement filters isn’t easy
- Comes with a higher price tag
4. Aquarius Countertop Bottleless Water Dispenser
With its tri-temp settings, Oasis’s Aquarius Countertop water dispenser will provide clean and refreshing water for your family. You just need to press the desired temperature on the control panel and get a cup of perfectly chilled, hot or room temperature water.
The unit is designed with a sleek, stylish look to blend with your kitchen appliances easily. It’s less than 17 inches tall and can thus fit under most kitchen cabinets. And as if that’s not enough, it features an extra high dispense height(11 inches) that makes it easy for you to fill large sport bottles.
It features a 3-stage EZ change filtration system that removes contaminants from the water. The EZ filter combines the sediment and carbon block filters in a cartridge to ensure clean and pure drinking water. It dramatically reduces lead, chorine as well as bad taste and odor.
The dispenser has the capacity to dispense 20 x 6 oz. cups of cold water in an hour and 45 x 6 oz. cups of hot water per hour.
Thanks to the built-in ¼ inch connect fitting, you can connect the water line to the unit’s back with a simple push. It also boasts LED neon blue dispensing area light that looks stunning at any time of the day.
The model comes with a 5-year seller prorated warranty and a 3-year MFG warranty. It’s also easy to get Energy Star certified, and UL listed. It comes with everything you need to set it up completely.
- Energy Star certified and UL listed
- Highly efficient commercial compressor
- Finger-print resistant modern finish
- Removable and dishwasher safe drip tray
- Comes with a fully assembled filtration system
- Fits under most kitchen cabinets
- Beautiful LED dispensing area light
- Easy to install
- Backed by a solid warranty
- Must be connected to 1/4 –inch water supply to provide water
Buying Guide for a Countertop Bottleless Water Dispenser
The amount of water the dispenser can hold is an important factor that you need to consider when looking for one. This is dictated by the number of people the unit should serve.
You can purchase a dispenser with a bigger storage capacity if you have a large household. For a small family, a medium-sized dispenser would be ideal.
With a water dispenser, you can get water at different temperatures. And although most come with 3 temperature settings, i.e. hot, cold and room temperature, some feature only the hot and cold temperature. Therefore, be on the lookout if you don’t want to get a cooler that doesn’t meet all your needs.
Also, check the temperature levels of the hot and cold water from the dispenser you wish to purchase. They vary with different brands.
One of the most critical elements of any bottleless water dispenser is water filtration. While some units include a built-in filtration system, others require you to purchase a filtration system separately.
We recommend purchasing a dispenser with a built-in filtration system to remove contaminants from the water and improve its taste. If possible, avoid going after a unit that will require you to invest in another device, as this will significantly increase the cost of the dispensing system.
Ease of use
A must-have characteristic of any water dispenser is ease of use. You don’t want to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how the unit works, right?
Ensure that it comes in a user-friendly design so that everyone in your household can use it with ease.
One thing to note is that a water dispenser’s ease of use also includes how easy it is to maintain. Always go for a unit that doesn’t require too much maintenance.
Although water dispensers are highly efficient and worth going for, they can be dangerous when kids try to operate them unsupervised. And you won’t be around your kind all the time, right?
To use it worry-free, just ensure that it comes with a child lock mechanism. The lock, usually located on the hot water faucet, prevents the kid from dispensing hot water and getting burns from accidents.
The best bottleless countertop water dispensers provide on-demand hot, cold, and room temperature water to anyone who needs it. The appliance is also cost-effective, a space-saver and the best solution to drinking clean, pure and healthy water.
Whether you need instant access to hot, cold or room temperature water, our list has the best products. Some of these options come with a built-in filtration system as well hence highly effective.