Reverse osmosis systems provide one of the best methods of producing clean drinking water for your household. Unlike most water filtering systems, these units are highly efficient and can remove up to 99% of contaminants from your water.
Are you interested in a reverse osmosis system with UV light? You’ve come to the right place. Our comprehensive review will help you make an informed decision on the best RO system with UV light for your home.
We explain how the units work as well as their pros and cons so you can understand them better.
Take a look at the 5 top-rated RO systems with UV light listed herein.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: iSpring RCC1UP – AK Under Sink RO System: A 7 stage water filtering system with a 3.2 gallons tank, removes up to 99% water contaminants, comes with an electric booster pump, a European style brushed nickel faucet, UV filter with a smart flow sensor switch, is leak-free and NSF/ANSI certified.
- Best 11-Stage RO System: APEC Water Systems ROES-PHUV-75: The unit features UV light sterilization, premium long-lasting filters, super-efficient carbon blocks, has calcium mineral cartridges that add minerals, is easy to install, and provides great-tasting water.
- Best for Well Water: Home Master Hydroperfection RO System: An innovative RO system with 9 filtration stages, features a registered UV sterilizer, Contact Artesian Remineralization System, has a permeate pump, doesn’t waste a lot of water, and is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
- Best 11- Stage RO System: Express Water ROALKUV10M: An 11-stage RO system with a 4-gallon water tank, removes 99% of water contaminants, has an alkaline filter, is easy to install, has a fast flow rate of 0.8 GPM, and comes with an emergency leak detector.
- Best Under Sink RO System: Nu Aqua Platinum Series: The system features quality quick-connect fittings, lead-free faucet, double O-ring filter housing, heavy-duty booster pump, produces 100 GPD, has a free PPM meter, and is backed by an industry-leading 5-year warranty.
Choosing the Best RO System with UV Light
1. iSpring RCC1UP-AK 100GPD Under Sink Reverse Osmosis RO Drinking Filtration System
iSpring Water Systems is a water filtration company that specializes in creating efficient drinking water solutions for residential and commercial applications.
They have high-quality RO multi-stage systems that filter out a long list of contaminants, and RCC1UP-AK is one of them.
The system is installed under the sink to supply fresh, purified water right from your faucet.
It consists of a whopping 7-stage filtering set-up including UV filtration and a 3.2-gallon pressurized tank where your clean water sits awaiting use.
The unit removes up to 99% of over 1,000 contaminants from your water, including fluoride, lead, chlorine, arsenic, asbestos, calcium, and more.
It is equipped with an electric booster pump that allows standard RO performance regardless of water variations. It addresses the problem of low water pressure and brings the pressure going into the membrane to the ideal level.
The RCC1UP – AK comes with a European-style brushed nickel faucet with a rust-free finish. Its 1st stage boasts a see-through housing that enables visual inspection of filter conditions.
Its UV filter stage has a smart flow sensor switch that turns the UV on and off with 3 minutes delay. The feature helps save power and lengthen the life of the UV lamp.
With excellent DIY skills, you can install the unit in a couple of hours now that it comes with almost everything you require for the installation.
An instruction manual and installation videos are also available to help you set up the system.
- Rated for 100 gallons per day
- Long-lasting multi-layer membrane
- Reinforced transparent 1st stage housing
- Quality micron layered protection
- NSF/ANSI tested and certified
- Equipped with quality components for reliability
- Electric booster pump allows standard RO performance
- Uses red mineral stones to reintroduce healthy minerals
- Large construction – might be hard to fit under some sinks
- Has some plastic parts that can crack with ease
2. APEC Water Systems ROES – PHUV75
Designed and engineered in the US, ROES-PHUV75 is an excellent option for improving the quality of your tap water.
The unit is highly reliable and effectively removes up to 99%, including lead, arsenic, heavy metals, chlorine, and 1,000+ more contaminants.
Are you worried about bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms in your water? The system’s UV light sterilization provides extra protection against them all.
It also features super-efficient carbon blocks uniquely designed to maximize chlorine and other chemicals removal from the water.
APEC’s calcium mineral cartridges add high purity calcium carbonate to raise the pH of your water for improved alkalinity and taste.
The system also has a 100% lead-free designer faucet and JG food-grade tubing and parts for safe and contamination-free water.
Detailed step-by-step instructions and clear online installation videos are available to help you easily install the RO system.
- Premium long-lasting filters
- 100% lead-free designer faucet
- Provides great tasting water
- Large carbon blocks that ensure water purity
- Detailed step-by-step installation instructions
- Easy to assemble
- Quality build
- Wastes a lot of water
- No leak detector
3. Home Master TMPHP-L Hydroperfection Under counter RO System
Home Master under sink reverse osmosis systems deliver one of the best filtering experiences.
The units come in an innovative design that helps solve most problems associated with traditional RO systems like fast water flow and easy DIY service.
The TMPHP-L filters water in 9-stages.
Thanks to UV sterilization and enhancement, it removes up to 99% of chlorine, heavy metals, lead, chemicals, fluoride, TDS, microplastics, and thousands more.
The unit’s UV sterilizer is registered under EPA#97952-AZ-1. It is approved to inactivate, kill or suppress the growth of bacteria, fungi, and viruses in the system.
Are you worried about the loss of minerals during the water filtration process? The TMPHP-L features a Full Contact Artesian remineralization system that adds magnesium and calcium twice during purification.
The Hydroperfection comes with an upgraded lead-free luxury standard faucet with ¼-turn ceramic and 360 degrees swivel spout. It also has a permeate pump which reduces waste water and boosts water pressure.
The package includes an assembled purification unit with filters, DOW Filmtec membrane, a 3.2-gallon storage tank, fridge connection kit, shut-off valve, drain saddle, and installation instructions.
- Effective in municipal and well water
- Easy to install and comes with installation items
- Remineralization helps water taste better
- Doesn’t waste a lot of water
- Equipped with a permeate pump
- Great for hard water
- Has a large capacity – 2000 gallons
- Backed by a 5-year limited warranty
- A little noisy
4. Express Water ROALKUV10M RO System
This ROALKUV10M is an under sink RO system that features an 11-stage filtering set-up, UV filtration, and a 4 gallons water tank that holds your clean water.
The unit offers you filtered water when you need it – the water is pre-filtered, meaning that you won’t have to wait.
The first through to 3rd stages filter sediments and remove contaminants such as chlorine, VOCs, odor-causing compounds, and chemicals. These 3 stages help extend the life of the 4th stage – the RO membrane, which focuses on the most difficult impurities like TDS, lead, chlorine, arsenic, among others.
The Alkaline filter then adds 5 remineralization stages, antioxidants, and oxygen to your water.
The 10th stage is the UV filter that reduces up to 99% of living impurities in the water.
Enter the 11th stage. Here, a post-activated carbon filter does a final pass on the water to remove any lingering taste or odor.
The combination of all these stages gives you water that is purer than bottled water straight from the faucet.
The ROALKUV10M comes in an easy-to-understand design that makes it easy to install. It comes with an emergency leak stop detector, has a fast flow rate of 0.8 gallons per minute, and can produce up to 100 gallons of water per day.
- Fast flow rate of 0.8 GPM
- Quick connect system
- Comes with a leak detector
- Easy filter change
- Operates silently
- Excellent installation instructions
- NSF certified
- Has cheap plastic parts
- Pricey replacement filters
5. NU Aqua Platinum Series UV RO System
The NU Aqua Platinum series RO system is an efficient reverse osmosis water filter that will supply you with clean, great-tasting, and healthy water on demand.
Featuring high-grade quality quick-connect fittings and an elegant NSF 100% lead-free faucet, this unit offers one of the best filtering experiences.
It also comes with double O-ring filter housings to provide a guaranteed leak-free experience.
Does your water source provide little to zero water pressure? Worry no more. The system has a heavy-duty booster pump that brings water pressure to optimal levels.
The unit has a daily water output of 100 gallons and features a 5 stage alkaline filter that reintroduces natural minerals like calcium and magnesium to your water.
The remineralization filter also increases antioxidants and oxygen to your water to provide you mineral balanced alkaline drinking water.
The system is easy to install and is backed by an industry-leading 5-year warranty.
- Booster pump ensures fast access to filtered water
- Easy-to-follow installation instructions
- Free PPM meter for testing water quality
- Backed an industry-leading 5-year warranty
- Has an alkaline filter
- Clear sediment housing
- 5-star components for a leak-free unit
- Plastic parts
- UV chamber has no flow control switch
A high-quality reverse osmosis system will offer you a continuous supply of refreshing, clean, pure, and great-tasting water. With UV light, the unit becomes more effective.
UV purification helps eliminate viruses, bacteria, and other living microorganisms that an ordinary RO unit might not. It hits and breaks the DNA of these shady contaminants and renders them lifeless.
All systems listed in this review work excellently and will provide you with pure, clean, and healthy water. All you need to do is pick one that suits your household best.