Are you looking for an alternative of a shower curtain or old shower door?
Want to replace it by the most advanced type?
Then, the frameless sliding shower glass door is the best choice for you.
This variation eliminates the chance of developing mold and other grime on the door framing or curtain. Besides, if space is a concern, a sliding option will work best for you. It adds a modern aesthetic to your bathroom and makes your shower space more spacious.
Unfortunately, it is a daunting task to find the best frameless sliding shower doors as numerous brands and styles are available right now.
Check out our frameless sliding shower door reviews to find the best option for you.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
- Best Overall: WOODBRIDGE MBSDC6076-C: An elegant bathroom door made from high-quality stainless steel hardware and 10mm thick tempered glass that makes it durable, is anti-splash, reversible, stain and hard water build-resistant, has an adjustable door width, and comes with one fixed and one sliding panel
- Best modern design: VIGO Elan VG6041MBCL6474: This door has an adjustable width, boasts 3/8” thick tempered glass, a reversible installation design, slides smoothly and silently, and uses the seal-thru technology that keeps the enclosure watertight.
- Best for any shower space: Dreamline SHDR-1660760-09 Encore Bypass: This shower door has 2 8mm thick glass panels that slide smoothly and silently, has adjustable width, offers 76” height, is stains and harsh-build up resistant, versatile and user-friendly.
- Best performance: ANZZI Madam SD-AZ13-01BN: This model has ANSI-certified 3/8” tempered DECO glass that maximizes strength and reliability, boasts TSUNAMI Guard technology that repels water and prevents stain and a stainless steel nickel brushed handle that gives it a classy look.
- Best budget: SUNNY SHOWER B020: An excellent but budget-friendly shower door with a streamlined appearance has a bypass system that offers maximum flexibility, high-quality aluminum guide rails, adjustable width, offers smooth and quiet gliding, and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Best durability: Basco RTLH05B5670CLBN Rotolo: This shower door comes in a roller bypass design, has two ¼ – inch thick ultra-durable safety tempered glass panels that provide a polished look, a curved, sleek interior towel bar, a through-the-glass pull knob, and is easy to install.
Best Frameless Sliding Shower Doors
It’s a bit more complicated to choose the right frameless sliding shower door from various models and brands.
But don’t give up!
Here, we’ve drawn up a list of 6 top-rated models that may help you find the right one. After extensive research, testing and compare we’re comfortable recommending these products.
These six models are reliable compared to other frameless variations and have proven an excellent addition to your bathroom arsenal.
Check our reviews to find your pick here.
1. WOODBRIDGE MBSDC6076-C Frameless Sliding Glass Shower Door
Woodbridge MBSDC6076-C looks elegant in most modern bathrooms. The clean and sleek appearance matches different styles of bathroom and makes the shower enclosure more bright and spacious.
The completely frameless design provides an illusion of space and looks fabulous in minimalist interiors. What’s more, its chrome finish hardware matches most types of tilework.
The 10mm (3/8-inch) thick tempered safety glass makes the door exceptionally durable. It repels water and protects against hard water build-up and staining. It is easy to clean and maintain.
The anti-splash threshold prevents water spills. They will surely maintain high gloss and allows you to use for a long time clean and bright as new. Thanks to its exclusive ULTRALUX coating.
Additionally, this model uses high – quality stainless steel hardware. So you don’t need to be worried about chipping, rust or scratch.
The door width is adjustable from 56-inch to 60-inch and comes with a 76-inch height. It offers walk-in 22 to 26-inch that is perfect for entering comfortably in the wet room without sidle in.
MBSDC6076-C comes with one fixed and one sliding panels. However, it offers reversible installation for a left or right access. You can conveniently slide the sliding panel by using the pull handle.
No jerky stop-start issues!
The included large solid stainless steel rollers create smooth, quiet and effortless sliding. The top rail-support anchors the installation and reinforces wall stability.
Moreover, it offers you up to 3/10-inch adjustability. This aspect is useful for cancelling the effect of wall shift which may occur over time. Thus it assures that your door will continue to function for years to come.
What stands out?
There is a transparent safety film bonded on the panel that makes the glass shatter retainable for improved protection. It prevents the glass from shattering into thousands of pieces in the event of breakage. It also holds the broken panel mounted in place, allowing you easy disposal.
- Made of premium-quality materials
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Offers improved protection
- Reversible for right- and left door opening installation
- Stain and hard water build-up resistant
- ANSI certified
- Installation manual included
- The installation manual is not as clear as it could be.
2. VIGO Elan VG6041MBCL6474 Frameless Sliding Rectangle Shower Door
Next, we have this sleek, modern design frameless sliding shower door from VIGO-one of the fastest growing luxury bath and kitchen product manufacturers. Their exceptional product designs meet durability.
The VIGO VG6041MBCL6474 is no different.
Crafted with high-quality clear glass, this VIGO Elan frameless variation provides the ultimate contemporary look to your shower enclosure. This 3/8” thick tempered glass is durable and resilient.
The width of this door is adjustable between 60 to 64-inch. With 74-inch height and 27.5 inches door opening, it lets you step in or out your shower space without sidle in.
The reversible installation design lets the door install with a left- or right side opening, depending on your preference. The sleek door handle makes opening and closing easy. The glass comes pre-drilled for handle installation.
The handle and hardware of this model is matte black. However, there’s a choice of finishes. You can pick from matte brushed gold, chrome, matte gold, and stainless steel.
Sliding of this door is smooth and near-silent. Thanks to its eye-catching oversized round roller disk sliding system. Notably, the fixed roller holder offers 3/8 inches (10mm) built-in adjustability with elliptical screw holes to accommodate out-of-plum walls.
Importantly, the rails are reinforced, built to withstand more than the required weight.
The glass is ANSI Z97.1 and 16 CFR 1201-certified, ensuring the quality control of the safety glazing materials used in construction.
VIGO’s tempered glass shower door is not only strong and durable but also resistant to spots, fingerprints, and hard water stains. It redirects water toward the inside of the shower.
Additionally, the seal-thru technology keeps the enclosure watertight. It features full-length clear door strips where the side panel and door overlap to avoid leaks.
- High-quality construction
- Easy, frustration-free installation
- Near silent operation
- Customizable for left or right door installation
- Watertight with seal strip
- 16 CFR 1201 and ANSI Z97.1-certified
- Expensive, but it worth the price.
3. DreamLine SHDR-1660760-09 Encore Bypass Sliding Shower Door
Here’s a well-reviewed bypass sliding shower door from the trusted shower door solution expert DreamLine. The Encore bypass design works best in classically styled bathrooms. It’ll give your bathroom an applause-worthy style. It fits virtually any shower space.
Added convenience of accessing your shower space!
It consists of two frameless glass panels that create an open and airy feel. Both the panels are sliding that allows you entry to the shower from the right or left side.
The rollers are specially designed to create a quiet and smooth sliding of the panels. What’s more, the door includes two handles on each panel which are also useful as towel bars.
The installation is between 56 and 60 inches wide. Of course, you can trim the width up to 4-inch for adjustments if needed. It offers 76-inches generous height that eliminates the chances of taller users hitting their heads with the frame.
Superior protection from stains; nearly maintenance-free!
The door panels are made of certified tempered glass, and they are 8mm thick. The glass is treated with CLEARMAX, factory-applied proprietary coating that resists water and protects from limescale build-up. If you live in an area with hard water, this feature is a real bonus for you.
You have plenty of choices when it comes to the handle and frame finish. You can pick from satin black, chrome, brushed nickel and oil rubbed bronze finish. The satin black finish that we’ve reviewed here are shiny and modern.
It’s worth noting that different finishes come with different warranty lengths. Satin Black and oil rubbed bronze finishes limited to 1 (one) year warranty whereas chrome and brushed nickel have a limited lifetime warranty.
- Modern frameless look
- Versatile and flexible
- Very user-friendly
- Double sliding (for easy access from either side)
- Smooth and noiseless sliding operation
- Stains/spots and harsh build-up resistant
- ANSI certified tempered glass
- Designed and engineered in the USA
- Heavier than any other models
4. ANZZI Madam Frameless Sliding Shower Door, SD-AZ13-01BN
The SD-AZ13-01BN shower glass door from ANZZI Madam Series, brings innovation and modernity in your shower space. This piece is engineered to the highest standards of style, performance and reliability. With its cutting edge modern style and seamless fluid sliding functionality, this product will help you build your dream shower.
The sliding and frameless design of this model adds minimalist style with a subtle distinction. The ANSI Certified 3/8-inch tempered DECO glass maximizes strength and reliability with a crystal clear finish.
The glass repels water and prevents stain, soap scum, lime-scale build-up and fogging. All thanks to its double shield TSUNAMI GUARD technology.
ANZZI sliding shower door consists of a fixed panel and a sliding panel. The clever symmetrical design allows reversible installation. So, you can set the door to slide from the right or left-hand side.
The stainless steel brushed nickel door handle adds style and comfort. And it’ll incredibly match with any bathroom accessory.
This door uses stainless steel RHINO ALLOY approved hardware in a beautiful brushed nickel finish. It’ll surely match most modern tile designs.
To sum up, it’ll add value to your bathroom.
- Crafted from the premium materials
- Superior workmanship
- Beautiful and classy looking
- Fogging and moisture build-up resistant
- Symmetrical design for right or left opening installation
- Quick and easy installation
- Super easy to keep clean
- Not designed for a steam shower
5. SUNNY SHOWER B020, Frameless Bypass Sliding Shower Doors
If you’re on a budget, still looking for a smart sliding glass door with clean lines, SUNNY SHOWER B020 is worth a closer look.
SUNNY SHOWER is dedicated to providing you with high-class designed best products manufactured from the finest raw materials. B020 model is an excellent but budget-friendly shower door that combines shower functions with the elegance sense.
The bypass frameless design of this product is simple but modern. The streamlined appearance ingeniously combines shower function with the style that will compliment your bathroom decors.
The bypass system creates a firmer bathing space and offers maximum flexibility. It also makes the door low maintenance and very economically priced.
This enclosure measures 60 inches wide by 72 inches tall. However, you can adjust that width from 56 inches to 60 inches by cutting the guard rail.
Both the glass door panels are able to slide across. It gives you the flexibility to enter your shower space from the right or left side. The rollers allow a quiet and smooth gliding on the guide rails.
The exterior single door handle is a long bar that is very convenient to hang towels and clothes. Of course, there are two knobs inside that helps to slide back the door.
It’s worth noting that there are high-quality PVC material seal strips that prevent water leaking. That means your bath space will always remain dry and tidy.
This product features high-quality aluminum guide rails. The polished chrome finish makes this piece elegant and scratch-resistant. Of course, you have the option to pick from subtle brushed nickel finish.
The glass is ¼-inch thick. Importantly, it is tempered, and ANSI certified that gives you safe use guarantee. Plus, all the edges of the glass are curved for enhanced safety.
Finally, Sunny shower B020 comes with a generous 5-year warranty to give you extra peace of mind.
- Simple modern design
- Adjustable width for hassle-free installation
- Smooth and noiseless gliding
- Excellent fit and finish
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- ANSI certified
- Affordable price
- Installation instructions are not the best. Professional installation is highly recommended.
6. Basco RTLH05B5670CLBN Rotolo Sliding Shower Door
Basco Rotolo sliding glass door adds a modern touch to your shower enclosure. With its exposed roller bypass design, sleek rounded heads and visible top roller, this product offers you the perfect combination of superior functionality and contemporary look. It coordinates with a variety of contemporary bathroom styles.
Basco Rotolo includes two ¼-inch thick heavy-cut ultra-durable safety-tempered glass panels. Both the panels will slide in the enclosure for left or right entry.
The clear glass panels provide the polished look to showcase the tiles and interior of your shower beautifully. The gently curved, sleek exterior towel bar adds to its contemporary appeal. It makes the panel easy to slide into place. There is also one through-the-glass pull knob for the interior glass panel.
The dual bypass rolling and anti-jam mechanism allows seamless access to your shower. Its precise panel fitting helps eliminate leaks to keep your bathroom tidy, making it ideal for use in small bathrooms.
The handle and all of its hardware come with lustrous and reflective chrome finish. The chrome finish will attractively complement contemporary faucet and bath hardware. In addition, these are corrosion and fading resistant to preserve your door’s shine.
- Polished, contemporary design
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Manufactured with premium materials
- Long-lasting beauty and durability
- Out-of-plumb adjustment and easy installation
- Smooth, effortless sliding mechanism
- Exceptionally easy to install
- With 70 inches height, this model is not as tall as others of our list. Loftier shower user may get a smack from the overhead rail if he/she forgets to watch his/her head during entry or out.
There we have all these sought after models for the best frameless sliding shower doors.
Hopefully, you’ve found the right one for your dream bathroom.
Whether you’re updating an existing shower or adding a new one, any of these frameless sliding variations is perfect for bringing the oasis vibe to your bathroom.
So, are you ready to go shopping for a frameless sliding glass shower door?
Pick from our comprehensive list and make your dream bathroom a reality!