It’s no secret that fireclay farmhouse-style sink is a popular choice among most homeowners today. This classic product not only extremely practical but also insanely durable.
If you landed on this page, you’re trying to find out the best fireclay farmhouse sink you can buy for your dream kitchen.
In fact, pinpointing the right kitchen sink that is worth your money can be challenging.
Fortunately, this fireclay farmhouse sink review will help you to find the right one for you.
We’ve shortlisted 7 of the most sought-after fireclay kitchen sinks on the market. All of them are great in terms of aesthetics, durability, ergonomics and more.
What's in this Guide?
- Our Top Picks
- Best Fireclay Farmhouse Sink Reviews in 2021
- 1. Kraus KFR1-33GWH Turino 33-inch Reversible Kitchen Sink
- 2. Ruvati RVL2018WR 30-inch Fireclay Farmhouse Offset Drain Kitchen Sink
- 3. Lordear LAW33209R1 33 Inch Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- 4. Sarlai SAW3318R2 33 Inch Fireclay Kitchen Farm Sink
- 5. BOCCHI 1139-001-0120 Classico Apron Front Fireclay Kitchen Sink
- 6. Houzer PTG-4300 WH Apron-Front Fireclay Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- 7. Zuhne Ostia 33-inch Fireclay White Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- How to Choose the Right Fireclay Farmhouse Sink
Our Top Picks
For our busy readers, we’ve listed all the essential specs of our reviewed 7 models. So, if you’re in a hurry, check the quick overview below to make a wise buying decision quickly.
- Editor’s Choice: Kraus KFR1-33GWH Turino 33″ single bowl, white – A stunning sink with a reversible design that allows you to choose a traditionally inspired or flat apron front.
- Best Drainage: Ruvati RVL2018WR 30″ single, white – This sink features an offset drain that allows more functional space both in and under the sink and ensures that water doesn’t stand in the bowl.
- Best Build Quality: Lordear LAW33209R1 33″– Premium quality fireclay construction makes this model extremely durable, scratch, chip, acid, and abrasion-resistant.
- Best Heat-Resistant: Sarlai SAW3318R2 33-inch double-bowl – This unit can withstand high temperatures (550 degrees) and is practically impervious to chips and cracks.
- Best Value: BOCCHI 1139-001-0120 Classico Double Bowl 33″ – Although the sink is classically designed, strong, and highly resistant to heat and impact from pots and pans, it’s surprisingly affordable.
- Best Finishing: Houzer PTG-4300 WH -This sink features a semi-glossy, cool-to-the-touch finish, gorgeous surface, and distinctive ceramic shine.
- Best Design: Zuhne Ostia 33 -A sink that offers a classic reversible design that allows you the chance to choose either a minimalist plain front or a retro fluted decorative pattern.
Best Fireclay Farmhouse Sink Reviews in 2021
Our comprehensive list includes 7 models that we’ve carefully selected to recommend you the best one that will offer you the best value for your money.
These kitchen sinks are contemporary and transitional in every way you want. Moreover, their subtle looks complement a wide range of home decors.
1. Kraus KFR1-33GWH Turino 33-inch Reversible Kitchen Sink
If you’re looking for a timeless and appealing kitchen sink, Kraus KFR1-33GWH Turino is obviously an excellent option for you. The stunning look of Turino 33 will transform your ordinary kitchen into an extraordinary one.
You can customize the look of your kitchen!
The reversible design allows you to choose between a flat or traditionally-inspired rounded apron- front to match your style.
Authentic Italian craftsmanship!
Made from high-grade fireclay, this sink is incredibly durable and easily stand up to heavy use. Solid core construction is extra-tough, plus impervious to thermal shock and temperature fluctuation.
It’s heat-resistant up to 300°F. It will never chip, crack, or craze. You can prep and clean whatever you need; the ultra-fine materials ensure that it’ll withstand the test of time. Moreover, the glaze will not become yellow over time.
Finished with extra-thick, high-gloss enameled glaze, Kraus KFR1-33GWH offers unmatched protection against scratches and stains. The finish is extra-thick and easy to maintain. Thanks to its advanced glazing technology.
Most importantly, the surface is non-porous, which is naturally hygienic. It’s impervious to bacteria and easy to clean.
More excitingly, Turino 33 is naturally quiet so no exterior sound dampening is needed. It eliminates vibration and noise when the sink is in use.
Engineered for super draining!
The sloped bottom prevents water from standing in the bowl and ensures complete drainage. Of course, the base is optimized in order to avoid fragile glassware from toppling over.
Great heavy duty sink with tons of space in it!
When it comes to functionality, the 9.5-inch (inside) deep bowl provides more room for stacking dishes and washing large pans or pots without making a mess.
Moreover, the straight sidewalls and tight radius corners maximize usable space in the sink. It also makes cleaning easy.
This isn’t the end….
The included stainless steel dish grid with protective rubber bumpers keep dishes elevated for easy draining. It also protects the sink surface from scratches.
- Time-tested quality and high-end craftsmanship
- Solid, fine fireclay core for resistance against warp, chip, and craze
- Highly resistant to impact and thermal shock
- Unmatched protection against stains and scratches
- Smart reversible farmhouse design for versatile installation
- Oversized and 10-inch deep bowl for generous workspace
- Non-porous surface for hygiene and easy clean
- Tight radius corner for easy cleaning and more usable space in the bowl
- Gently sloped bottom for superior drainage.
- Optimized base angle to keep delicate glassware from tipping over in the bowl
- Naturally quiet for a peaceful working environment
- Proudly handcrafted in Italy by experts artisans
- A little tricky to install and require strong support underneath but nothing crazy
2. Ruvati RVL2018WR 30-inch Fireclay Farmhouse Offset Drain Kitchen Sink
Ruvati RVL2018WR Fireclay Farmhouse sinks with its offset drain design sets a new standard in any kitchen décor. Handcrafted in Italy by skilled artisans, RVL2018WL is the pinnacle of art and form.
Inspired design, exceptional performance!
This sink is made with natural Italian clay, which is fired at 2900 degrees F temperature for 28 hours. 1″ thick solid fireclay construction of this sink offers exceptional strength and durability.
The hard enamel surface is completely crack chip, scratch, and abrasion-resistant. The glossy finish is also resistant to hot water, acid, high temperatures, and common household chemicals.
Indeed, you’ll be impressed to know that the natural clay used in manufacturing this sink is entirely lead-free. What’s more, there is no lead-containing mold used during production.
What most users praise about this sink is its offset drain. The drain is located on the LEFT side of the bowl, giving you more functional space both inside and under the sink.
No need to worry about a messy countertop even if you host a dinner party with friends. The 9-inch internal depth of the bowl makes it easy to clean large pots and pans or stack dishes. The offset drain also gives you more functional space both inside and under the sink.
Excellent water drainage!
Most importantly, the bottom is slightly inclined at an angle towards the drain. This design allows perfect water drainage and keeps your sink clean and dry.
Conveniently, the standard 3.5″ drain opening will fit any garbage disposal unit.
Finally, this model allows you to under-mount or flush mount installation.
- Constructed of true FIRECLAY that is fired at 2900 °F for extreme strength and durability
- Chips, abrasion or scratch-resistant smooth, glossy enamel surface
- Offset drain for more space under the sink
- Sloped bottom for perfect water drainage
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- The slightly sloped bottom of the bowl makes it somewhat tricky to clean the food residue.
3. Lordear LAW33209R1 33 Inch Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
If you’re looking for an appealing black sink for adding style to your kitchen and remain in style for years to come, Lordear 33 is obviously an excellent option for you.
This black sink is beautifully crafted to increase the elegance of your modern or traditional style kitchen. The subtle look of this sink will compliment any kitchen decor.
Premium quality genuine fireclay construction offers incredible durability. The unique fireclay is fired at 2900 degrees F for extreme strength and durability. It is chip, scratch, acid, and abrasion-resistant. It’s also highly resistant to fire.
The smooth, glossy, and polished surface are very resistant to stains, and you can maintain it easily. The bowl slope is useful, allowing all the water to drain quite nicely.
7-inch (inside) single bowl is deep enough to handle dishes, utensils, pans, and pots. The round corners also make it spacious for your dish cleaning works.
It comes included with a superior-quality and rust-proof stainless steel grid and basket strainer. The grid protects your sink surface from scratches and ensures better draining.
The package includes a thermal insulation pad, microwave oven gloves, and apron cloth, oven mitt, making it perfect for daily uses. These extra goodies are undoubtedly a lovely surprise for any buyer.
Overall, it’s a fantastic sink for the price.
- Beautiful and stylish looking
- Elegant black color ideal for any décor
- Outstanding fireclay construction for extreme strength and durability.
- Abrasion, chips, and scratch-resistant surface
- Food-grade, so safe to use
- Deep single bowl design and round corner for plenty of room for washing
- Easy to clean with soapy water
- Comes with many practical accessories
- No template for installation
4. Sarlai SAW3318R2 33 Inch Fireclay Kitchen Farm Sink
Sarlai farm sink comes with a cool reversible design that offers two patterns of decoration for your desired look. It features a conventional scroll side on one side and unique decorative pleats design on the other side. So, you can install it based on your style preference.
When it comes to construction, it’s molded from a mixture of fireclay, ceramic, and porcelain to glazed and fired under high temperature. The result is a genuinely durable kitchen sink that is more robust and denser than any porcelain sink.
Sarlai 33 is heat resistant to 550 degrees. The maximum density of fireclay withstands high temperatures and defies scratch and discoloration. And it is practically impervious to cracks and chips.
You’ll enjoy reliable performance and beauty for years after years. Thanks to its outstanding white fireclay construction.
The smooth, glossy white finish makes it a perfect addition to your kitchen décor for a long-lasting impression. It’s also stain-resistant and easy to clean with soapy water. It won’t absorb odors.
The double-bowl design with a 50/50 split makes it more functional for carrying out the different tasks. Moreover, the 7.5-inch deep bowl holds large items easily.
The contemporary 10mm round corner with sharp lines adds timeless appeal to the sink. Moreover, the radius corner offers a more usable space.
Finally, this model comes included with two bottom rinse grids and two drain strainers.
- Very well-made for extreme strength and durability
- Smooth glossy glazing resistant to chipping, scratch, and discoloration
- Elegant white color to match any kitchen décor and lasting impression
- Reversible design for versatile installation
- R10 round corner for more useable space and contemporary look
- Deep bowl for creating a generous work-space ideal for washing large cookware
- No significant issues were found.
5. BOCCHI 1139-001-0120 Classico Apron Front Fireclay Kitchen Sink
BOCCHI Classico is a distinctive, classic look fireclay kitchen sink that adds elegance to your kitchen. It’s amazingly practical, very stylish, and truly crafted to match your design and functional desires.
The exclusive high pressure cast organic fine fireclay construction of this bad boy offers impressive durability and many benefits.
First of all, the exclusive manufacturing process makes it extremely heatproof from hot pots, pans, and almost anything. Secondly, the all-natural and mineral-based construction materials make it super resistant to impact, chip, scratch and crack.
Importantly, due to its unique construction, it’s absolutely safe for food and safe for you!
Another stunning feature is its 100% non-porous surface, which is 19 times smoother than ceramic, matte stone, or other composite sink surfaces. It has extreme resistance to stain and discoloration. Thanks to its super smooth technology of developing the surface.
In addition, you can rest assured that this white sink will remain shiny and looking brand new, usage after usage. The Clean Plus+ Technology makes the surface dirt-repellent to prevent calcium, and undesirable dirt deposit effectively.
The 50/50 double bowl design is perfect for handling different tasks. The bowl is deeper than any average ceramic sink. One significant advantage of it’s finished on all four sides for reversible installation.
It includes two protective bottom grids and two strainers for both the bowls.
Undoubtedly, you’ll love the striking white color and delicate shapes of this double bowl BOCCHI sink.
With such attractive features, the BOCCHI Classico is surprisingly affordable. The price is even half as much as any high-end sinks.
- Constructed of 100% natural material for unbeatable strength and timeless elegance
- Chip, discoloration, scratching and cracking resistant.
- Super smooth surface for good hygiene and to reduce the undesirable calcium deposits and stains
- Extremely resistant to impact and heat from hot pans and pots
- CleanPlus+ Technology to keep your sink hygienic, brilliant clean, and shiny all the times
- Nothing found
6. Houzer PTG-4300 WH Apron-Front Fireclay Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
The European styling and traditional fireclay composition make this apron front sink a great addition to the heart of your home.
Centuries-old ceramic tradition and reinterpreted apron front design give it a European flair and better functionality. The sharp corners with modern lines provide a traditional accent to any transitional or contemporary kitchen d.
Signature manufacturing process!
Houzer PTG-4300 combines the best of the old ways with today’s modern manufacturing techniques. It uses white clay and other minerals. Finally, the sink is fired at 2200 degrees Fahrenheit for over twenty hours that bind the clay and glaze in perfect unison. It has soul-satisfying benefit of being made from all-natural materials that are entirely lead-free.
It’s ideal for high-traffic kitchens.
PTG-4300 is tough enough to handle the heavy-duty everyday use. It’s high-fired to resist chips, cracks, scratches, and heat damage. It’s nice to know that the single basin design of this sink provides maximum workspace. With 9.5 inches inside deep bowl, you can easily clean a tall stack of dishes, large pots, and pans.
It is a pleasure meant to be touched!
The semi-glossy, cool-to-the-touch finish defines fine Fireclay construction. The gorgeous surface has a distinctive ceramic shine and smoothness that only a genuine fireclay sink can provide. The non-porous surface is unfussy and easy to clean. It defends stains and stays hygienic.
Finally, it offers you a dual mount option: apron front or under-mount to install it according to your cabinet design.
- Forged in 2200-degree F for resistant to cracks, and chips
- Strong and heavy-duty, perfect for daily use
- Luxurious, cool-to-the-touch finish – stain and scratch-resistant
- Non-porous surface for easy to clean and hygienic
- 10mm radius sink corner for more bowl space and easy cleaning
- Contemporary design with European flair
- Handcrafted in ISO certified Houzer factories in ISRAEL
- The flat bottom doesn’t drain well, so you have to use a hosed faucet.
- A bit pricey but it’s worth every penny
7. Zuhne Ostia 33-inch Fireclay White Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
ZUHNE Ostia white farmhouse sink will make a bold and classic statement in the heart of your home. At a glance, it’s quite a simple fireclay sink.
Designed for residential and commercial uses!
It’s hand-crafted with excellent craftsmanship for superior durability and perfection. The solid core, which is fired at 2900-degree F, makes this masterpiece very tough to serve you for a long time.
Ostia 33 is chip, stain, and crack resistant. Moreover, it efficiently handles hot pans and heavy pots straight from the oven. Besides, it’s thermally insulated to protect your cabinet from condensate damage. This commercial grade sink won’t discolor even with daily sun exposure.
The genuine Italian fireclay construction makes it hygienic and safe to use.
You are more than ready to entertain in style!
The single deep bowl is spacious enough for oversized pots and tall dish stack. The tight radius corners ensure effortless cleaning and low maintenance.
The sloped design of the base prevents spill while it allows quick draining. Additionally, the glossy glazed surface repels water for extra- fast draining and drying. With the premium glossy pure white finish, it’ll shine your kitchen.
Two designs in one sink!
Zuhne Ostia fits better with any kitchen décor. It offers you a classic reversible design. One side is minimalist with a smooth plain front, and the other is retro with a fluted decorative pattern. So, install as your choice.
Conveniently, it comes included with a drain strainer and scratch protector grate.
There are no toxic components left in materials.
Zuhne fireclay sink is UPC, IAPMO, cUPC certified, meaning it guarantees to follow all safety standards.
Overall, it’s a great deal; you’ll love it.
- Ultra-durable quality and the highest resistance to cracks, abrasion, chips, and stains over a lifetime
- Made in ITALY by skilled Italian artisans in one of the world’s oldest fireclay facilities
- Classic reversible design to install as plain or fluted apron
- Sloped base and glossy glazed surface for quick drain and dry
- Tight curved corners for easy cleaning and maintain
- Compatible with standard garbage disposals
- UPC, IAPMO, cUPC certified
- You may need an extra-long disposal flange.
How to Choose the Right Fireclay Farmhouse Sink
All of these above-reviewed sinks will work well with any traditional or modern kitchen.
However, not all of these 7 models will be right fit for you. For making the right choice, you’ll need to think deeply about a couple of things.
Is The Kitchen Sink Large Enough to Meet Your Needs?
The sink dimension is a crucial factor when selecting a sink for the kitchen. You should first consider your kitchen’s space availability and the size of the countertop. Make sure you have the right size cabinet to install it. You may need to make some adjustments to the cabinet if you plan to replace your existing sink.
However, you should go for a model that is large enough to accommodate your pots and pans.
For a small household, a deeper 24-inch sink is enough to handle most of the washing needs. But if you have a larger family, you should choose a 33-inch sink.
How Deep Sink Do You Need?
The bowl should be deep enough so that it allows you to clean the dishes without splashes. The standard depth is 8-inch to 9.5 inches. However, a 10-inch depth bowl is also available. Extra-depth means more space to stack. A deep bowl also reduces splashes.
Consider an extra-deep sink if you have many pans and pots to fill to do your kitchen tasks.
Additionally, you also have to consider the size of your utensils to decide how deep the bowl will fit perfectly to meet your needs. If you have to do nothing more than rinsing your utensils, you can go for a shallow sink.
How Many Bowl Do You Want- Single or Double?
The number of bowls is also another essential consideration. A single bowl design is convenient to handle large dishes, pans, pots, and large cutting boards.
On the other hand, double bowl design offers you more versatility. Both the bowls work as two separate small sinks. You can clean dishes in one bowl and wash fruits or rinse food and veggies in the other bowl- it’s such convenient and time-saver!
It’s worth noting that double-bowl design comes with a 50/50 split or 40/60 split. A double offset sink with a 40/60 bowl design is excellent if you want to bring some versatility to your kitchen. The bigger bowl will come in handy for cleaning large utensils, pans, or pots.
How Easy Is It to Clean and Maintain the Sink?
Proper cleaning and maintain a fireclay sink, ensure its lifespan and appeal.
If you don’t have a lot of time to do the routine maintenance, choose one that is easy to clean and maintain. Cleaning a fireclay sink isn’t that difficult. All you need to do is a simple wipe, and you’re ready to go.
How Easy Is It to Install the Sink?
Most of the apron front kitchen sinks need under-mount installation that require strong support under it.
If you plan to buy a new sink for your new kitchen, make sure you know where to install it since you have to cut out a hole in the countertop.
In case, you’re considering replace your existing sink, make sure it fits perfectly to your existing cabinet otherwise you have to custom your cabinet. You had better find a sink that of the same shape and size of your old one.
How Much Money Are You Planning to Spend?
Fireclay Kitchen sink prices range from cheap to high-end. Most importantly, the choice of purchasing a model depends on your budget allocation.
However, you can get a fireclay sink at a moderate price that is sturdy, durable, easy to clean, and in line with your needs.
Have You Checked Out the Users’ Reviews?
Lastly, check out what other users have said about the specific model you plan to purchase.
Check what positives sentiments it gained from the happy users. Don’t forget to read the negatives comments as well. It’ll help you to have a realistic expectation about it is worth your money.
We hope that you have found our reviews helpful to find out the best fireclay farmhouse sink for your dream kitchen.
To support your lifestyle, bring quality and value into the heart of your home, these seven selected models are the best of the best. Undoubtedly, they’ll make your life in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable.
For now, it’s over to you!
Worry not; we’ll keep updating each product’s information to ensure that it reflects the current state of the market.
If you have any questions, about the models we’ve reviewed above, feel free to get in touch with us, and we will reply as soon as possible.