Looking for a small compact microwave oven? How about one with a 900 watts cooking power rating? A 900 watts microwave is powerful enough to help you cook a variety of meals fast and with ease.
Remember, the higher the wattage, the bigger the microwave oven, so you don’t want to go for one with 1000+ watts as it might not fit in your tiny space.
You also don’t want to go for one whose power is too low as it might not help you do more than basic cooking. That’s why a 900 watts microwave makes the best choice.
In this 900-watt compact microwaves review, we’ve included a 900-watt microwave from different brands to help you the best option for your home.
A Quick Comparison of Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Kenmore 70929: A 900 watts microwave with 0.9 cubic feet interior capacity, 10 power settings, defrosts with time or weight, has an LED digital display, boasts one-touch auto-cook presets, child safety lock, a diamond-shaped cavity and an 11.22 inches glass turntable.
- Best 950 Watts Inverter Microwave: Panasonic NN-SD372S: This model features 950 watts output power, 0.8 cubic feet interior capacity, uses patented inverter technology with genius sensor, comes with several auto cook menus, has a child safety lock, keep warm function and a touchpad control panel.
- Best Energy-Efficient Microwave: Toshiba ML2-EM09PA(BS): Energy-saving 900 watts microwave oven with 6 automatic presets, 5 unique power levels, sound on/off button, smart controls, durable LED cavity light, boasts a durable stainless steel construction, and easy to clean.
- Best Stainless Steel Microwave: Farberware Classic FM09SSE: This model is durable, boasts 900 watts of cooking power and 10 power levels, defrosts by weight and time, has 6-one touch cooking programs,+30 second control button, LED display, works quietly and is easy to set up and operate.
- Best Microwave for a Dorm: GE JES1095MBB: An aesthetically pleasing black 900 watts microwave with 0.9 cubic feet capacity, auto and time defrost, weighs 33.8 pounds, has a mute button, control lockout, minute timer, and comes in a durable and sturdy design.
Choosing the Best 900 Watts Compact Microwave
1. Kenmore 70929 Small Compact 900 Watts Microwave Oven
- 0.9 cubic feet capacity
- 10 power settings at 900 watts
- One-Touch Auto Cook Presets
- Defrosts with time or weight
- LED digital display
- 11.22” glass turntable
- Child Safety Lock
- Diamond-shaped cavity
Kenmore delivers products that perform at a high level to help get the job done. The company aims to customize the best performing appliances.
The Kenmore 70929 is an easy to use microwave with a spacious 0.9 cubic feet interior. It has 900 watts of cooking power, 10 power settings and an 11.22 inches turntable that helps cook your food evenly.
The model features One-Touch Auto Cook presets that help you heat different foods like pizza, popcorn, frozen vegetables and potatoes with ease. This heating preset takes the guesswork out of cooking.
In addition, 70929 Kenmore comes with a diamond-shaped cavity to efficiently concentrate energy. This way, your food gets perfectly heated for the best results.
You can also start cooking for one to six minutes instantly, thanks to express heating settings.
Also, this unit features time, and weight defrost settings that help defrost food fast for excellent results. It also features an easy-to-read LED touchpad display as well as clock and timer functions.
- Convenient and easy to use
- Comes with a safety lock to keeps your kids safe
- Defrosts food quickly with the defrost function
- Heating presets take the guesswork out of cooking
- It is ADA compliant
- LED digital display touchpad control panel
- Features 2 defrost options – time and weight
- Shows fingerprints
2. Panasonic NN-SD372S Stainless Steel Microwave Oven, 950 Watts
- 950 watts of high power
- 11 1/4 – inch turntable
- 0.8 cubic feet capacity
- Auto cook menus
- Patented inverter technology
- Genius sensor
- Keep warm function
- Child safety lock
- Touchpad control panel
Panasonic is one of the World’s best microwave manufacturers. They make a wide variety of models that are highly functional and reliable.
The better part is these microwaves come at reasonable prices.
The Panasonic NN-SD372S boasts 950 watts of cooking power and 0.8 cubic feet interior capacity. You can place it on the countertop or in a cabinet for ease of use.
This model cooks pretty fast thanks to the Patented Inverter Technology that generates a seamless stream of power. This technology helps cook your food evenly without overcooking.
Advanced inverter turbo defrosts function speeds up defrosting time.
The unit also boasts smart cooking settings with a genius sensor that adjusts time and power to help you cook different foods to perfection. And to keep your food warm for long, the keep warm feature comes in handy.
To help you get excellent cooking results, the microwave comes with an 11 ¼ inches turntable that evenly cooks and heats snacks, dinners and more.
- Spacious interior
- Smart auto cook menus
- Keeps food warm until it’s ready to serve
- A sleek touch control panel
- Turbo defrost thaws foods fast and evenly
- 11 ¼ inch turntable allows for more interior space
- A little noisy when running
3. Toshiba ML2-EM09PA(BS) Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
- 6 automatic presets
- 5 unique power levels
- Sound on/off button
- Smart controls
- Durable LED cavity light
- 900 watts of power
- Durable stainless steel construction
This black stainless steel microwave oven from Toshiba might be all you need for your daily cooking needs. It actually comes with 6 preset menus for convenient cooking of snacks, beverages, dinner and more.
With 5 unique power levels, you can easily customize it for more cooking flexibilities. Toshiba ML2- EM09PA -BS can do everything from melting butter to softening ice and boiling liquids.
It features a number of smart cooking settings, including ECO mode rapid cooking, one-touch start between 1 and 6 minutes, child safety lock and kitchen timer.
Sometimes, the beeping sound that rings from microwaves at the end of the cooking process can be annoying. But with this model, you don’t have to worry about it; the sound on/off button makes things easier for you.
This microwave also has a defrost function that allows you to defrost your food by weight or time for more flavorful results. Durable LED light cavity light provides a clear view of the cooking process.
- Easy to clean
- Energy saving
- Scratch and stain-resistant
- Heats quickly and evenly
- Ideal for cooking family-size meals
- Sturdy and well built
- Dark keypad – not easy to read
4. Farberware Classic FM09SSE 900 Wats Microwave Oven
- 10 power levels
- Defrost by weight or time
- Express cooking functions
- 6 one-touch cooking programs
- +30 second control button
- LED display
- 900 watts of output power
The Farberware Classic is a conventional microwave oven that is compact but with a spacious interior. It offers 10 power levels to customize your cooking fully.
It comes in a stylish stainless steel front and a black body that gives it an elegant look. Place it on your kitchen counter, and you’ll love how everything turns out.
Its 6 one-touch cooking programs enable you to cook with ease.
And just like other microwaves in this list, this unit comes with a defrost option that allows you to defrost according to time or weight. This helps avoid partial defrosting and allows even distribution of heat according to your food’s density.
It also features manual temperature and time settings, multi-stage cooking options and auto cook menus. This microwave comes with a child safety lock to keep your little ones safe from accidental burns.
The oven can easily accommodate a sizeable dinner plate now that it has a spacious interior. A 10.6 inches turntable spins your food for even cooking results.
- Powerful compact unit
- Easy to set up and operate
- Works quietly
- Enables you to customize your cooking
- Highly durable and sturdy
- Heats food evenly
- Not ideal for very tight spaces
- Stiff dials
5. GE JES1095MBB
- 0.9 cubic feet interior capacity
- 900 watts of cooking power
- Auto and time defrost
- Control lockout
- Minute timer
- Weighs 33.8 pounds
Here comes yet another compact black microwave oven, but this time around, from GE, a multinational Company based in America.
GE microwaves are easy to use, highly functional, reliable and durable. And yes, GE JES1095MBB is no exception.
It has 900 watts of cooking power and 0.9 cubic feet internal capacity, spacious enough to help you prepare enough meals for your small family.
The model features exceptional quality and robust built hence long-lasting. Its convenience cooking controls enable you to cook with ease.
GE JES1095 boasts defrosting times and power levels programmed manually or automatically for optimal results. A turntable rotates the food throughout the cooking process enabling your food to cook evenly.
Do you have fussy kids in your home and are worried that they might try using the oven? This model has your back; it features a control lockout that prevents accidental activation.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Comes with a mute button
- Convenience cooking controls
- Control lockout prevents accidents
- Durable and sturdy design
- Keypad/buttons are hard to see
- Faulty door
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is 900 watts suitable for a microwave?
Q. Is a 900 watts microwave powerful enough?
Q. Will a 900-watt microwave pop popcorn?
Q. How big is a 900 watts microwave?
Q. How many amps does a 900 watts microwave use?
900 watts microwaves are compact microwave ovens that come in handy for persons living in tiny apartments, school dorms, RVs and cramped kitchen spaces.
Although a little smaller in size, these microwaves are powerful enough to help you prepare a variety of meals for your family hence worth investing in.
All microwaves listed in this guide are of high quality and whichever you choose to settle for will give the best results. We hope that you’ve found this review helpful. All the best!